IEM for live stage use/listening
Dec 19, 2008 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

igloo0213

New Head-Fier
New guy to the forum.

Anyways, I've been using a pair of e2c's for the past 3 years or so, and they've worked out great for me both with my music player and as an IEM when I'm on stage or playing drums. Just recently, as seems to be the trend, the cable sheath began to peel away, and the left earpiece finally quit when the shielding broke.

So here I'm in need of a new IEM. The primary use of these will probably be listening to music (mostly rock/pop). However, they will also be used for live stage monitoring, which is where I found the e2c's to be particularly lacking. As I play drums, they need to have good isolation, and a decent bass response (at least as good as the e2c's). They will also be used as a secondary reference when mixing.

What would be you're guys' suggestions. I'm looking to not go over the $200 mark if possible, but I'm also looking for a significant upgrade from my e2c's, so the budget is slightly flexible.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 4
I have heard that the SCL4's lack low end. And I'm a little worried about it being only single BA. Should this concern me? Excuse my lack of IEM knowledge.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by igloo0213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard that the SCL4's lack low end. And I'm a little worried about it being only single BA. Should this concern me? Excuse my lack of IEM knowledge.
biggrin.gif

These are my first Shures. Low end means different things to different people. The phones people consider provide good bass don't work for me.

The SCL4s are supposed to be e4c replacements. May be that will help you find some info on if the low end would be to your liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back