IEM for Hiby R6 Pro
Sep 5, 2020 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Matthewlawson3

Head-Fier
I am considering buying an IEM for carrying my Hiby R6 PRO with me in public. Can anyone give me some recommendations that would sound great with the Hiby R6 Pro without the need for any additional equipment like an amp preferably? I assume a balanced connection is preferred.

I'm considering Campfire IEMs like the IO or the Comet, thoughts on these? Other recommendations are welcome!

I am looking for some good IEMs that would work great with the player and provide great detail and clarity with some bass. I don't need ear shattering bass. I listen to a little bit of everything from orchestra to rock to pop.

Take care.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 10
You should be good on low gain and this is where you should start anyway. 19ohms and 112db/mw is very efficient and with a powerful R6 pro, you should definitely start with low gain.

Sep 7, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #10 of 10
I don't know for the R6 pro specifically but it will depend of the quality of the implementation of the balanced section.

That said, I would be interested to check out for myself for sure. Using the 3.5 mm out only could mean you are not using all the available performance and power output of your DAP. Not that the FH5 need anywhere that kind of power but I would expect incremental benefits using the 4.4mm balanced output.

This is a personal decision for you to make. Are you willing to spend a bit more to see if you can get more out of your DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back