Iem for edm/pop
Dec 22, 2014 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spook

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking for an Iem around $150-$200 for edm and pop.

Criteria:

1. Has some way to help secure it in your ear. (Over ear cables)
2. Is comfortable enough to wear for hours at a time.
3. Doesn't stick out of your ears. (Able to lie down with your ear against something and not have it jam into your ear)
4. As good as isolation as possible.

Samples of music I listen too. (I know my tastes are awful go easy on me :wink:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SKILLZmakeKILLZ
(Pick a track I listen to most if not all of his stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ApproachingNirvana
(Same as above)

Right now I'm leaning toward the RHA t10 any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 5
I'd give a strong consideration for zero audio tenores. Theyre only 60 dollars and honestly are incredibly good and easily compete with IEMs that are a bit more bassy in the 100-200 dollar range. Theyre bassy, but if you're use to monster or beats, then they might not be what youd consider "bassy", but rest assure they have quite a low end punch. I personally wear them over ear even though theyre not designed that way. It reduces cable noise to nearly nothing and theyre incredibly comfortable.

If they dont work for you, as the person above suggested, yamaha EPH 100 may work. I would look into monster gratitude over turbine, although neither one is really small enough to lie down with.

If yo u want comfort, Shure SE 215 may be a good choice. But again... id direct you towards the tenores. They sound better than the 215 and at like 50 dollars. Dont let its price fool you.

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 5
I'd give a strong consideration for zero audio tenores. Theyre only 60 dollars and honestly are incredibly good and easily compete with IEMs that are a bit more bassy in the 100-200 dollar range. Theyre bassy, but if you're use to monster or beats, then they might not be what youd consider "bassy", but rest assure they have quite a low end punch. I personally wear them over ear even though theyre not designed that way. It reduces cable noise to nearly nothing and theyre incredibly comfortable.

If they dont work for you, as the person above suggested, yamaha EPH 100 may work. I would look into monster gratitude over turbine, although neither one is really small enough to lie down with.

If yo u want comfort, Shure SE 215 may be a good choice. But again... id direct you towards the tenores. They sound better than the 215 and at like 50 dollars. Dont let its price fool you.

How small are the tenores? I was unable to find a picture with someone wareing them. I really like how the shures sit in your ear. The yamaha are out of the question as I've heard they are quite uncomfortable.

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #5 of 5
They have a very small profile. They dont stick out from the ear too much but idk if its small enough that you can lie on ur side with.

Only problem with the shure is that the cables kind of stiff and a pain to deal with. And again the sound is a bit out dated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back