IEM for EDM Only to be used while riding a motorcycle (durable/isolation)
Jan 26, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
I have a pair of Westone 3 here on loan, they do sit very flush to the ear, however they can be fussy on how well they isolate depending on your canal and ear shape. How do they sound? they sound ok, not bad at all. However I don't feel they're worth their asking price, possibly around the $200 mark would suit them IMO. It's a shame you need such high isolation because GR07 MK2 would be perfect in the fitting area, they're an all time classic here for around $170. Problem is they don't have the best isolation. Check them out anyway, we have a huge thread of people praising them day in day out. Another decent choice for around $100 - $150 would be Yamaha EPH-100, or Klipsch X10, they have the isolation you want and are rather small.

Goodluck.

Isolation is VEEEERRRRRY important to me. The amount of outside noise while riding is seriously ridiculous lol. I noticed you didn't mention the SM3's. What's your thoughts?

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #17 of 22
Isolation is VEEEERRRRRY important to me. The amount of outside noise while riding is seriously ridiculous lol. I noticed you didn't mention the SM3's. What's your thoughts?

I haven't heard them, but know of a member who raves about them daily.(SM3 V2) You can send him a msg if you like.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/288469/techno-kid

Tell him Uncle H20 sent you. :wink:

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
I haven't heard them, but know of a member who raves about them daily.(SM3 V2) You can send him a msg if you like.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/288469/techno-kid

Tell him Uncle H20 sent you.
wink.gif

I've actually seen his posts; I see what you mean hahaha!

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #19 of 22
Well, just put in the order for the SM3 V2's. Haha. 1 day shipping too...... hopefully they show up on Monday :]  Thanks guys

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #21 of 22
Im surprised nobody's mentioned anything from shure yet. Since you're using this in a helmet im not sure i'd wanna spend more than 150-200. even thats being generous.

As far as fit and isolation are concerned, you're probably best off with something from either shure or westone. BUT maybe something from Brainwavs might fit the bill. They seem to have good designs. Im not sure how deep they seal or how much they stick out though. Depends on which model. Phonak pfe could be another good choice (although they prefer a good amp). klipsch X10 could also be a good choice.

Wait a minute. ive got it... ATRIOS!!! either mg5 or mg5 pro or mg7 which ever. you could even try the cheaper ATRIO X for 30 bucks or so.

Futuresonic Atrio I think is perfect for you. They are regarded as bass kings but also sound very good otherwise and are a generally well respected iem around here. They have the good seal and low profile. Ive had the Atrio X as a beater pair for a couple years now. Theyre all wax stained and grody lookin now lol. still kicking though. no loose wires. And yes i get those puppies flailing in the wind as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back