IEM for daily communting $400 budget EDM music mainly (iPhone 6S device)
Jun 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bcurko

New Head-Fier
Hey guys/girls

Recently bought a pair of SE315's and I thought I could get used to the whole loop over the ear form factor but it just doesn't work with me and the fit seems off... 

I'm pretty much using these earphones on the train so something that blocks out a bit of noise wouldn't hurt but I really need a set that have the wires just hanging and not some loop over ear design... 

Been contemplating the bose range, to be frank I'm a bit unsure on which way to go seeming the music is just on my iphone 6S and all compressed (nothing flac based) 

I listed to a variety of genres EDM, classical nothing heavy metal or overly bassy like that dubstep supposed music.. 

What would you guys suggest? 

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 4
Even if your main genre is EDM, your sound signature preferences are still important. What do you like/dislike about the sound of your Shure SE315s? Going purely by genre, most people who listen to EDM seem to prefer a V-shaped signature. Based on that, I would recommend the Dunu DN-1000. The DN-2000 is another possibility if you want a slightly less V-shaped signature.

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Even if your main genre is EDM, your sound signature preferences are still important. What do you like/dislike about the sound of your Shure SE315s? Going purely by genre, most people who listen to EDM seem to prefer a V-shaped signature. Based on that, I would recommend the Dunu DN-1000. The DN-2000 is another possibility if you want a slightly less V-shaped signature.

I guess anything that is more similar to my audio technical Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X, they're running through my PC Asus xonar dac though.

The shures just feel a bit bland when listening to music in contrast to my old sennheiser HD-595 and the current audio technica..

Haven't really tried any other hi priced IEM's

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 4
I guess anything that is more similar to my audio technical Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X, they're running through my PC Asus xonar dac though.

The shures just feel a bit bland when listening to music in contrast to my old sennheiser HD-595 and the current audio technica..

Haven't really tried any other hi priced IEM's

Based on measurements, the Shure SE315 is rather midrange focused, which is probably why you describe them as "bland" compared to the HD595 and ATH-AD900X, which have more peaky, sparkly treble. Knowing that, I would still recommend the Dunu DN-1000 and DN-2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back