IEM for D2
Dec 13, 2008 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Megane

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! I'm Gianluigi, i'm italian and i'd like to have some suggestions from you hi fi pro
L3000.gif

I have a 16 gb cowon d2, and i really like it, it sounds fantastic, compared with other mp3 players i tried (ipod, samsung, creative). I use creative ep630 and sennheiser cx300, and they are not so bad, but now i decided to try some more expensive and professional model.
i can spend up till 150 - 160$, and i'm interested in these models in particular:
Shure SE310
Ultimate Ears super.fi 5Pro
Q Yas micro armature earphones
I have difficulty to buy other brand, i should order them in America but the taxes are rather high and my budget is not very high
frown.gif
, however i hope these IEM are not bad.
I prefer a balanced sound, more clear and rich than bass-oriented, possibly a good soundstage (which, to me, is a weak point of d2, together with the bass roll off), and i listen almost every genre, expecially rock and metal, no disco and hip hop.
So, according to your experience, what is the best choose for the d2? Thank you very much, every suggestion is highly appreciated, and excuse me for bad english...

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 6
I think coming from CX300.. u ll love the UE SF5 Pro..i tried it yesterday ..it has a very balanced sound with lots of energy for Rock..i listened to AC/DC & Green Day..

because of their dual drivers..the highs sound much better on them..although they lack that sparkle..but the percussions crash well and the Kickdrums have that snap.

u will not find the Bass very thumpy or bloated like CX300 but it ll have enuff punch for Hip Hop.

Now this is just my opinion..i suggest u wait for some opinions on Shure SE310 also.

Edit: Speaking of Soundstage...the SF5 Pro dont have a very good stereo imaging imo..in the Rock n Roll Train - AC/DC..when the song starts..the Guitar is totally on right channel..but on SF5 Pro..it sounded between center and right..very vague.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 6
Megane, you could also send a PM to HeadFier "antonyfirst". He buys and reviews alot of portable headphones and IEMs and he is also from Italy. Maybe he can help you find a good pair at a good price that you can get at or shipped to Italy.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 6
You're probably better off asking this in the portable headphone forum. FWIW when I had my D2 I liked the Denon c700's (same as c751), using Comply foam tips, with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back