IEM for about 50£ (60$)
Apr 9, 2017 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

genwaste

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!
Im looking for an IEM for mostly bass heavy music about 50£. I have been looking through the the threads for quite a while now and I just can't decide which one to go for. I was wondering if you guys would be able to give me your advice on the following phones:
-ZERO AUDIO carbo Tenore 
-Soundmagic E50 
-Vsonic VSD3S

also, I came across some slightly more expensive pieces like the: 

-Shure SE215
-Vsonic VSD5s 
-Soundmagic E80S 

Which ones would you guys recommend? 
Do the more expensive ones on the list worth the extra money? Would I be able to fully enjoy them without a DAC? 
My sources are a nexus 6p, and my pc. 

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 18
Of the three at the top of your post, I prefer the E50, though the other two are quite good. The Shure is good but its treble is quite severely rolled off, which could be a problem. The E80 is a bit brightish and I actually prefer the E50 to it for that reason mostly. Haven't heard the VSD5S, sorry. One more I would add to your list for sure is the 1More Triple Driver, which is really terrific and probably better than anything on your list, at least IMO. You might read about it and see what you think. Maybe it would work for you. Price is about as for the Shure on amazon.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 18
If you don't mind used one and okay to go bit over-budget, what about xba series? Like xba-a2 or maybe h2. It's around $100 

I wouldn't mind a used pair, but i cannot find any. The cheapest i found is 170£ (210$!)which is way over my budget.
I probably should have mentioned before that i'm located in the UK.

Apr 10, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 18
@serman005 
I took a look at the 1More Triple Driver and read many great reveiws about it, but lot of people mentioned that its cable is michrophonic. Is it really that bad?  Would you reccomend them for commuting and everyday use? 

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 18
  @serman005 
I took a look at the 1More Triple Driver and read many great reveiws about it, but lot of people mentioned that its cable is michrophonic. Is it really that bad?  Would you reccomend them for commuting and everyday use? 

Personally, I would use them for commuting. That's just me, though. You may feel differently. There is some mucrophonics, but you have that with most all IEM's, in my experience. If you're worried about it though, the E50 is not that microphonic IMHO. It does well there for some reason. Let us know what you decide.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #13 of 18
Firstly,  thank you all for your suggestions, and sorry for getting back to you took me so long. I was gonna buy the 1more triples, since serman005 reccommended them, but then i stumbled upon the vsonic gr07 bass iems. I read rave reviews on them , and since it costs only 8£ more than the 1more and it has detachable cable, which is a big plus for me,  i bought them.  I went over the intended budget, but I couldn't resist. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #14 of 18
  Firstly,  thank you all for your suggestions, and sorry for getting back to you took me so long. I was gonna buy the 1more triples, since serman005 reccommended them, but then i stumbled upon the vsonic gr07 bass iems. I read rave reviews on them , and since it costs only 8£ more than the 1more and it has detachable cable, which is a big plus for me,  i bought them.  I went over the intended budget, but I couldn't resist. 

Let us know how you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back