IEM for ~$50
Mar 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

spiN

Head-Fier
So I'm in the market for some IEMs (not earbuds, they don't isolate well enough and never stay in properly) for my DS and my iPod. I've got a pair of SR-60s that have served me well for traveling purposes, but they get cumbersome to carry sometimes especially on long trips when I have a million other things that I want to take with me. Besides, the isolation that I would get from them would be awesome.

I did some preliminary searching on my own, but it's been a while since I've been on the forums here so I figured I'd ask around to see what I might not have thought to look for.

The two models that I have found that fit the bill so far are the Denon AH-C351k and the Sennheiser CX300-b.

So what do you think guys? One of those? Something different?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 11
NE-7M's are simply the nicest headphones I have ever used, better than CX300 in my opinion but can not say about the Denon's. They are $49 from Amazon and have a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like the sound.

They have great bass, nice mids, and clear highs with no sibilince. Here is a thread by HeadphoneAddict on Head-fi. He compares these relatively inexpensive phones to a couple other brands and feels they are one of the best price for performance headphones on the market. I have two pairs of phones worth $99 and $129 and the NE-7M walks circles around both pairs. Also if you check out Amazon you will see the phones are highly regarded by anyone who owns them and the one person unhappy with them had great success reurning them with no hassles.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 11
I like bass, but I'm more rock/metal than anything else so good even performance across the board would be best.

Has no one had experience with the Denon's?

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 11
+1 for NuForce NE-7M. Excellent clarity, good bass and treble extension (deep & high), good bass impact. Also very good isolation with the right size tips.

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #8 of 11
X3 for the NE-7M. Unbeatable value for the price.

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 11
Another for the NE7m

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #11 of 11
One more here for the ne-7m, and I really like comply tips on mine, I can crank them up and no one can here my music but me. I don't listen to a lot of metal, but Pantera's Far Beyond driven kills with these. I also like them paired with my fiio e5, but you won't find many people that will agree with that comment. Just my novice ears' opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back