IEM Flat Response around 50$-100$
Oct 22, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 19
Can you suggest me a good pair? Especially need it for a sort of gain staging and listening trap
The following are generally considered neutral.

Etymotic ER2SE or ER3SE
Moondrop SSR

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 19
Can you suggest me a good pair? Especially need it for a sort of gain staging and listening trap

Check out the Tin T2 (non pro and non plus), Final Audio E1000 or the HZSound Heart Mirror.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #5 of 19
What’s the difference? Unfortunately i can’t try them. I can’t find the HZSound. Are they new product?

HZSound Heart Mirror is new yes. U can find it on Aliexpress or KeepHIFI (I got mine from the latter).

Tin T2 = original, quite neutral with a subbass roll off.
Tin T2 Pro = boosted treble, not the best reviews cause of this.
Tin T2 Plus = U shaped. Think of the original Tin T2 with extra bass heft. Most people like this version, and it is the most recent iteration of the Tin T2 Plus.

Oct 23, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #7 of 19
Can you say me the difference?
All three are actually similar in their tuning, with a diffuse-field neutral signature. The Moondrop SSR has the most pronounced upper midrange, while the Etymotic ER3 has the least, in other words, the SSR can be too intense and bothersome for some people. The ER3 is much better tolerated. but may sound a bit boring to some. The ER2 is somewhere in the middle, but closer to the ER3. Both the ER2 and ER3 are available in XR (as opposed to SE) variants, that have a little boost in bass compared to strictly neutral. The SSR also has a little boost in bass.

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 19
Etymotic deep insertion may not be for everyone. Recommend original T2 on a good 11-11 sale or else the Final E1000 which comes with very good tips which you may be able to use on other IEMs as well.

Oct 23, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 19
HZSound is similar to Moondrop, they are in the same range price, pro and cons?

The Moondrop SSR is tuned somewhat diffuse-field neutral with an upper mids boost. HZSound Heart Mirror is neutralish bright in tuning.
Both sets have good technical performance for a single DD set, maybe the Moondrop SSR edges it slightly in clarity, details and imaging. Timbre for acoustic instruments is very good in both sets. The Moondrop SSR has quite bad sibilance and a thinner note weight compared to the HZSound Heart Mirror. Isolation is better on the HZSound Heart Mirror.

The Moondrop SSR actually sounds nice at low volumes, but by pumping up the volume a few dB, the 3 kHz area is shouty and is too much for me (Fletcher Munson Curve). The Moondrop SSR has very polarizing reviews, and I think this may be due to the different volumes all of us are using it at, and volume levels are typically not mentioned by reviewers or consumers. Not to mention the different sources, tips, hearing health we all have may affect our perception of upper mids/treble in the Moondrop SSR. After doing A/B testing using the same source, tips (and even cable), I’ll take the HZSound Heart Mirror any day over the Moondrop SSR, as the 3 kHz peak and the sibilance on the SSR is a deal breaker for me. HZSound Heart Mirror manages to balance a fine line between forward vocals and not sounding shouty.

Both sets need amping though to scale better, especially the HZSound Heart Mirror. Using it from a low powered smartphone makes the HZSound Heart Mirror sound a bit narrow in soundstage.

Different strokes for different folks though, I know a lot of our friends like the Moondrop SSR, especially those that use it at lower volumes. The Moondrop SSR actually has better technical performance than the HZSound Heart Mirror, but unfortunately it isn’t my cup of tea in terms of tonality.

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #11 of 19
Any other brands? ER2 is over 150$ too much, Moondrop 50$ could be a good choice. HZSound is similar to Moondrop, they are in the same range price, pro and cons?
True, depending on where you live, the ER2 may be over budget. In the US, on Amazon, it frequently goes on sale for about $100.

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 19
Any other brands? ER2 is over 150$ too much, Moondrop 50$ could be a good choice. HZSound is similar to Moondrop, they are in the same range price, pro and cons?
For real, no reason not to buy the Final E1000 even if for the tips alone, you’re getting the IEM close to free.

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #14 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back