IEM equivalent of Audeze LCD-X?
May 26, 2023 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

St0rMl0rD

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I love the sound of the ATC monitors and the Audeze headphones are basically headphone versions of that. Now, which (custom) IEMs would be the IEM version of that kind of sound profile? My current ones are the 64Audio A6's.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 12
I had that last month and got the Sennheiser IE600 and really like them even more. Using a Topping l30 ii amp and it's just a perfect combo. Soundstage isn't as big, but microdetails are so noticable now.

May 29, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 12
I think the Custom Art Fibae 5 would be an interesting pick, it has 2 Planar drivers ( 1 for highs and 1 for super highs). I cant say how close they would sound to the LCD-X since I haven't heard but they are reviewed well. For me the closest I have to my LCD-X is my IMR EDP Ace but it's not custom and also nigh-impossible to get at this point.

May 29, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #6 of 12
I think the Custom Art Fibae 5 would be an interesting pick, it has 2 Planar drivers ( 1 for highs and 1 for super highs). I cant say how close they would sound to the LCD-X since I haven't heard but they are reviewed well. For me the closest I have to my LCD-X is my IMR EDP Ace but it's not custom and also nigh-impossible to get at this point.
Interesting, never heard of these brands before. I'm kinda hesitant to go with a lesser known brand

May 29, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 12
The SE846 is reasonably similar, got that excellent low-bass performance. If anything though, the Shures have a bit of bass emphasis vs Audez'e cans, with clearer treble, but they're the closest I've heard

May 29, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 12
The SE846 is reasonably similar, got that excellent low-bass performance. If anything though, the Shures have a bit of bass emphasis vs Audez'e cans, with clearer treble, but they're the closest I've heard
Thanks; it says that it has 4 drivers? My current IEMs have 6 (64Audio A6), but I find them too bass heavy and not too clear for true critical listening, like the profile on the Audeze's. So ideally I'm looking for an upgrade in sound in total, not just going from 6 drivers to 4 and have a more flat sound, but also should be better altogether, which I find hard to believe when going from 6 to 4 drivers.

May 30, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 12
Thanks; it says that it has 4 drivers? My current IEMs have 6 (64Audio A6), but I find them too bass heavy and not too clear for true critical listening, like the profile on the Audeze's. So ideally I'm looking for an upgrade in sound in total, not just going from 6 drivers to 4 and have a more flat sound, but also should be better altogether, which I find hard to believe when going from 6 to 4 drivers.
Yes, you might not want to go from 6 drivers to 4 drivers. You could get something of 6 drivers similar to the IEM.

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 12

Can a BA driver really compete with an LCDX planar for bass though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back