iem/earphones with a mic
Apr 2, 2010 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
looking for decent iem's or earphones that have built-in mic. these are not going to be used all the time but sometimes if i am listening to pandora on my blackberry and i get a call, i want to just be able to take the call immediately. so max budget is 100 but preferably less. thanks

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 4
Blackberry Curves and most of the newer BB's have a 3.5mm jack. the older "big" BB's had the 2.5mm jack.

I'm very pleased using both the NuForce NE-7M and MEElectronics M9P with my BB 8310 Curve (8Gb microSD card for music). Both are known as bassier, but not muddy IEM's. The NuForce are more "fun" and engaging, the MEElecs a bit more clear and detailed.

If you think you'd prefer an IEM with a more neutral sound, the Maximo iP-HS5 would be a good candidate (no experience here). There have been comments that it has more cable microphonics than the two above. OTOH, it includes a 2.5mm jack adapter if you have a BB so equipped. Maximo has said that they will soon introduce the iM-795 with an improved driver and a bass adjustment switch.

All the first three get good reviews (do a Search) and lots of recommendations from this forum.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking for decent iem's or earphones that have built-in mic. these are not going to be used all the time but sometimes if i am listening to pandora on my blackberry and i get a call, i want to just be able to take the call immediately. so max budget is 100 but preferably less. thanks

tpfi 10 ebay 150 avg .

or s4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back