IEM/earphone version of Koss Portapros needed
Feb 24, 2007 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

simonlo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Basically looking for a earphone/IEM version of the Koss PortaPro's. I've been reading up a few reviews on the Sennheiser CX300, Panasonic HJE70, Sony EX90, Moda Vibe/Bass Freq etc but haven't really been able to decide yet.

The Koss 'phones have enough bass for me to never have to play around with any bass settings whether I'm using an Ipod, laptop or plugged into my home stereo etc which I love so I need something which has bass extension/response as good (or as close as possible to!) the Koss phones.

Obviously the highs and mids need to be good too but as long as they don't sound anything like the EX70/71 (which I'm 100% the above don't
wink.gif
) then thats fine. The Portapro's sound fine for almost everything I've used them for so far.

If they don't leak then thats an added bonus I guess but it's not a definite requirement as I won't be travelling with them too much. I won't expect them to have the same soundstage as the Koss ones but if they do that's always a good thing.

Don't really want to be spending too much, the Moda's/Sony's I can probably get for approx £50 which is top end of my budget.

Hope I'm not asking for the impossible!

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 4
The Xtrememac FS-1's are similar to the Portapro's. Actually they have slightly better bass(more natural timbre and a bit tighter) and seperate vocals a little better if both are unamped(the Koss scale better with amping). Very similar sound from what I remember. I have neither anymore since neither has the speed or detail level I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back