IEM distorting on right side only...
Jan 19, 2018 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

theBock

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I just bought a pair of the Massdrop x Noble IEMs with the stock Noble cable, and I got them second hand. I noticed when listening to youtube (1080p quality) I get a "scratchy" sound on the right side IEM only and that "scratchy" sound is more noticeable at higher volumes. I am using a Dell XPS15 laptop (that I got about a year ago) to stream the youtube content. When I listen to the exact same videos through my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm headphones I can't hear that "scratchy" sound at all. Also, if I listen to audio from my hard drive the Nobles sound great.
So I'm guessing it's the source causing the problem (youtube stream)? Are the Nobles, or IEMs in general, more sensitive to this type of thing? Would a DAC or headphone amplifier solve this? Unfortunately, I really enjoy scouring youtube for new music/artists, and would like to figure out how to get rid of that distortion/scratchy sound.

I apologize if this is a dumb question. I am new to this stuff and am trying to start figuring things out. I've had Klipsch S4i and Beyerdynamic DT770 for a while. I just got Trinity Hyperion iems, and the Noble x Massdrop iems. I'm loving it all so far!

Thank you for any help/info/advice you can give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back