IEM Dilema - Can't decide what to buy
Nov 15, 2006 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MiG(TM)

100+ Head-Fier
So im thinking of treating my self to a new set of IEM's, but theres so much choice in my price range i just dont have a clue what to go for..

Here's what i've narrowed it down to:

Sen's CX300 - Seen em' on amazon cheap, but they're probably fakes... normal price (£35)

Sony EX90 - been debating these IEM's for a lonnng time, i know i want to buy them, i just dont want to be disappointed with them.. (£52)

Sony EX85 - Just seen these been released, much cheaper than the ex90's and they are apparently very same, except for the casing, and are £35.

Also just seen this on audiocubes, from audio technica, and they look pretty nice...

Audio-Technica ATH-CK7

The most i'm probably willing to pay is probably £60.. i tried the Shure E2C but they where pritty bright for my tastes, as im a true bass head, Custom EQ with bass on full using Sony NWA3000

i'm really tempted to look at the Super Fi 5EB, but i just dont have that sort of money, so i'd be after something along the lines of the 5EB's but cheaper..

I'm not to fussed about really analyitical and spot on sound, just a nice warm, bassy sound..

Any ideas?

Cheers,
MiG

Nov 16, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Westone UM1. This is what I would like for Christmas. I know that it is emphasizes mids and bass, with a non-fatiguing sound. Incredibly comfortable as I understand. It is about $110US, so I think that remains below your high price...

Nov 16, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the advice on the UM1's, but it seems that they are pretty hard to get hold of in the UK, i cant find no major sites that stock them, and for the price suggested here.

The cheapest price i could find is £104, and the site looked a bit shady..
frown.gif

They arent that asthectically pleasing neither.. look a bit.. well..

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 5
if you like bass, youre best bet on that list would be the senn cx300 ($60) or maybe a creative ep630 ($25-30) if you want much cheaper.

im kind of a basshead myself. but after hearing the super.fi 5 eb, whoa! imo there have too much bass. i had to lower down my bass eq 3 notches (out of 10) just to normalize it with my other phones. actually they do sound good after eq but i still prefer my sf5 pro since theyre more detailed w/o sacrificing the amount of bass i need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back