IEM Comparison
Jun 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Leoleann55

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I am in the process of trying to find new in-ear headphones. I previously had the Klipsch S4i II's but am tired of them breaking (I am on my 4th replacement pair) and was just going to invest somewhere else. Little did I know there were 100's of options, now I have it narrowed down to a few.

1. Velodyne Vpulse
  2. Shure SE215
  3. Sony XBA-2 or 3
  4. Klipsch x10
  5. Logitech TF10
  6. Klipsch S4i

Money is a concern and I would like to stay around $100. I mainly listen to rock and dance music, so bass is always a good thing! My final concern is warranty, I have never had a pair of headphones last me longer than 6-8 months. Not because I am too rough with them but the cord always seems to come loose somewhere. (Naturally a replaceable cord would be a nice addition)

I am open to any new suggestions as long as they aren't too expensive, like the TF10s which are a little out of my price range but I might be willing to save up if they are much better.

ANY advice is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 3
Of that lot, the Shure or the Triple Fi 10 would be my picks.  The Shure is a very pleasant sounding headphone, and the TF10 is an icon (but perhaps a bit stale compared to the Shure and a bit tinny to some people's ears - though not mine, I always really liked them)

Avoid the XBA-2, but perhaps try the 3 if you get a chance.  The 2 is a bit dead to my ear, and really needs the third driver in the 3 to balance things out.

I'm reasonably new here so I'm sure somebody will chime in with a more educated opinion than mine.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back