IEM Comparison: Westone UM1 UM2 vs Shure E2C E4 E500
Mar 4, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #32 of 35
Thanks for the response
bigsmile_face.gif

I think I have something say about my experience with IEMs regarding the eartips, which I am a little concerned with the foam tips that come with UM1.

When I tried out UM1, ATH CK9, SF3, they all have silicon tips on them.
The UM1 has balance sound and the bass you would expect from this kind of driver, and the sound was good. As I recalled they are in about the same league, and the CK9 sounds a little more refined (maybe slightly better), but it had very little bass, and the sound signature doesn't sound good on rock, and certain type of genre, but it was surprisingly good at string and wood instruments.

After purchasing the CK9, I read about one headfier's review about how good the Shure foam tip sounds with CK9, so I bought one.
After using those tips, I concluded that the sound was much worse than the silicon one. The sound was hollow, a bit muffled, and lacked the texture of musics. I was pretty sure there wasn't any seal problems.

Because UM1 comes with the foam tips, I'm concerned with the sound I experience with CK9 and Shure foam tips, which means I need to spend extra cash for silicon tips. Maybe they are just bad combos, I don't know.
Or is it the quality(or sound signature) I should expect from those foam tips?

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Added UE10 Universal IEMs.

UE 10's are not universals. UE Triple Fi 10s are.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE 10's are not universals. UE Triple Fi 10s are.

Modified the description to "UE TripleFi 10".

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanHF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review.
I can't wait to read the review of IE7. Right now I'm a little leaning toward to UM1 for its price. I would consider IE7 if the price justifies the performance.

Added IE7 to the list. If you're in the market for mid-priced IEMs, the IE7s will not disappoint. I still get a slightly better seal with the Westone UM2s, but I love the sound signature of the Sennheiser.

Note: I also did a break-down by cost category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back