IEM/Closed Headphone <$200 That Blocks Sound
Apr 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BrianN

New Head-Fier
I'm hardly an audiophile but need some help finding a good pair of headphones—either IEM or full-sized headphones for under $200.

Basically, I want something comfortable for the office (copywriter) that blocks out external noise. Here's my experience:

- Own Ultimate Ears Pro 10 (Custom) and love them, but I feel uncomfortable having something that expensive at work (even though I bought them in 2007), they're tough to get out quickly to respond to someone, and they can be uncomfortable for long periods of time
 - Own Sennheiser HD 570s and like their sound, fantastic comfort—not an option as they're open, leak sound and can't block outside noise
 - Received the Sennheiser HD 380s Thursday and they're already about to head back to Amazon—like a death grip on my head (worse with my glasses that I use for the computer), too much ambient noise coming in (biggest problem), sound didn't do much for me either (didn't burn in)

I know I'm not going to get anything close to the UE-10s in terms of sound, but I am a fan of my 570s in comfort and sound.

Comfort and blocking ambient noise is most important. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm hardly an audiophile but need some help finding a good pair of headphones—either IEM or full-sized headphones for under $200.

Basically, I want something comfortable for the office (copywriter) that blocks out external noise. Here's my experience:

- Own Ultimate Ears Pro 10 (Custom) and love them, but I feel uncomfortable having something that expensive at work (even though I bought them in 2007), they're tough to get out quickly to respond to someone, and they can be uncomfortable for long periods of time
 - Own Sennheiser HD 570s and like their sound, fantastic comfort—not an option as they're open, leak sound and can't block outside noise
 - Received the Sennheiser HD 380s Thursday and they're already about to head back to Amazon—like a death grip on my head (worse with my glasses that I use for the computer), too much ambient noise coming in (biggest problem), sound didn't do much for me either (didn't burn in)

I know I'm not going to get anything close to the UE-10s in terms of sound, but I am a fan of my 570s in comfort and sound.

Comfort and blocking ambient noise is most important. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Well since you didn't like the 380 pros, i will assume you want some more bass. I would go for the shure se 215 or shure se 215 special edition (supposedly more bass and overall more refined sound)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back