IEM Cable Recommendations
Feb 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aznpos531

100+ Head-Fier
So I expect my first pair of custom IEMs to ship out later this month and I've been wondering about cable options. The IEMs include a cable with a 3.5mm plug but I would like to have one with a 1/4" plug as well. Now I know I could get an adapter and be done with it but as they say: in for a penny, in for a pound. After investing in a custom IEM, I may as well invest in a dedicated 1/4" cable for it.

Before I go dropping a few hundred dollars on a new cable, I was hoping you folks could give me a few recommendations. I've read up a bit on the subject but as a new and aspiring audiophile I don't think I fully understand or appreciate the finer details of how the cable affects the sound. Further the variety of wires and plugs is truly overwhelming.

The cable will be for the new 1964 Ears A12 which I believe uses the standard 2 pin connection.

Thanks in advance! :)

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 2
Estron Linux and plussound x series offer the best ergonomics. If you want more hefty cables I would look at norne or double helix if you can fork over the money for quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back