IEM-best match for strong fit, comfort and rock music
Feb 8, 2008 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

vlatko

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a pair of IEMs for my new iAudio 7.

I've done a lot of research and made a shortlist of the following:

V-moda VIBE
Audio Technica ATH-CK7
Sennheiser CX-300
UE super.fi 3

Out of these listed which fits my criteria most?

Priority is:
1.Sound quality for rock(Classic rock, 70's era mostly)
2.Strong fit
3.Comfort

These will be my first IEMs and I'm really having a lot of headaches to decide. I can't bare to make anymore searches with hundreds of results. Please help me out.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 19
Yes, that's my main concern with them, I read a lot of people say the comfort is not very good with that model. Also that they stick out a lot.

I like the design on the Vibe's but supposedly their durability is in question.

How is the fit with ATH-CK7 and CX-300?

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

IEM-best match for strong fit, comfort

rolleyes.gif
good luck with that. if you want strong fit and comfort, buy a pair of headphones.

if i really had to make a choice, it would have to be the Super.fi 3's although i prefer my metro.fi 2's.

i'd stay away from v-moda simply because i've read about a few build quality problems, and the pair i had (from a friend), gave up the ghost two weeks after i got them.

i've got a couple of pairs of AT headphones and a pair of AT earphones, and from my experience, AT don't really do bass, althoguh i do like them.

sennheiser cx300: yeah right, and if you're able to find a genuine pair, let me know. there are too amny fakes out there. if you're buying from your local shop, then o.k. but against the rest, i still wouldn't choose them.

the V-moda's are just a grown up version of the cx300's.

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #6 of 19
I think you'd be good with the Super.fi 3's as well. To help with the fit, get some of the Shure black olive tips, take the plastic out from the middle and slide them on.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheiser cx300: yeah right, and if you're able to find a genuine pair, let me know. there are too amny fakes out there. if you're buying from your local shop, then o.k. but against the rest, i still wouldn't choose them.

Actually those are the only ones I'm able to buy from a local shop, all the rest online. :p

So for now, SF3's lead the pack..I think I have crossed out the vibe's because I've done a lot of research here and lots of people are complaining about the build quality. They're not that good lookin' anyway.

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 19
I listen to a lot of modern screamo, metal, indie, alternative, and then I have a love for a band from late 60's and all through 70's. A band called "Yes", and I happen to love the track "Heart of the Sunrise". And I think it sounds fantastic on Super.fi 3's.

my two cents
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #10 of 19
What!? No Atrio M5 in your choices???

Priority is:
2.Strong fit
3.Comfort

1. In the 3 top ! Natural and present bass,great separation and wide soundstage!A very rich sound. A high standard!
2. After a little work, when you find the correct tip for you!, just be double-carefull when crossing streets!!!
wink.gif

3. IMO, can be wore many hours, almost forgetting them!

Also 2 years warranty.Great customer service. Great price !
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fut...rio-m5-232312/

regards,

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What!? No Atrio M5 in your choices???

Priority is:
2.Strong fit
3.Comfort

1. In the 3 top ! Natural and present bass,great separation and wide soundstage!A very rich sound. A high standard!
2. After a little work, when you find the correct tip for you!, just be double-carefull when crossing streets!!!
wink.gif

3. IMO, can be wore many hours, almost forgetting them!

Also 2 years warranty.Great customer service. Great price !
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fut...rio-m5-232312/

regards,

I second Caribou's recommendation of the M5. Good to see other people mentioning the M5, it seems to be one of the most overlooked and underestimated IEMs I've encountered.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 19
The only ones i havent listened to are audio tech's, The SF3's are really pretty good earphones for the price. They sound great but the downside is they are big and they stick out of the ear. Its somewhat hard to get a good fit and the isolation is lacking. BUT for the price i keep seeing them for there the best of the bunch.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #14 of 19
Well, that's where the reverse-driver mod comes in. Nails both problems in a few easy steps.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vlatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't the M5's a little too expensive compaired to my above mentioned choices?

130 US + shipping for professional IEMs on ebay!
This is more than candy
wink.gif

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back