IEM Bass vs Can's Bass
Jan 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ajai_dev

New Head-Fier
Got vomity after hearing Kylie Minogue - Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head on my friends K701 and this never ever has happened to me.

I mainly use EX85 and when i feel like it i take out my Atrio's but i have never felt like this ever.

His amp "Headamp Pico portable amp" is not that bass heavy either afterwards i tried the same track and amp with my ex85's "Yes i was mad to think about that". My ears started to go zunnn "High pitch zinn" after only a min or so but i so did not have that vomiy feeling.

My Sr60's are not bass heavy and i use them every day at home. But this is a odd think i will have to think twice befour i get my next can?? Or is it that i am addicted to IEM type bass??
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Well I suppose he means he feels like vomiting, he gets disorientated and his stomach feels sick (well I could keep going like this...
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I think the problem has to be with the sound volume, plus discomfort. If you are too used to IEMs, you listen to them all day, then your ears "remember" that feeling, and you feel strange when you don't have them on with music, or you have something different on them.

If you didn't know, your ear is what controls your sense of equilibrium or balance. If somehow your body/ear felt it as an attack (maybe due to too much bass with the amplifier), your equilibrium was no longer balanced making you feel "vomity"

I recommend giving a rest to your ears for 2 or 3 days, or when listening to your music, doing it at low levels, and taking care of too much bass. Then after that time you can try putting the headphones again, and see if it keeps happening.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 4
Thats the thing i felt vomity "vomiting like" only when i used the can's and not my EX85 that also with the cling flim mod. My ears got sunnn "High pitch sound" with my ex85's but i did not feel vomity at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back