IEM are really painful now. Need headphone recommendations... <$500
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jandr272

Head-Fier
I had started having trouble with my ES5 before I lost one of them, but thought maybe it was the material. I loved the JH Angies but they killed my ears. Tried 4 different brands of tips. Everything was painful.

So I'm going to try headphones now. I loved the sound of the Angies. Would prefer just a little warmer mids, but not at the cost of clarity. I specifically loved the extension both directions.

I've never had any headphones except a pair of Audio Technical ATH-M30, which I think sound awful. My apple pods sound better than them.

I'd prefer portable headphones that can be driven by iPad or iPhone. I can do a portable amp if necessary. Main use will be at my desk at work.

I listen mostly to intimate type music. Piano trios, Ben Folds, Lake Street Dive. One of my main test albums is Eric Clapton Unplugged.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 2
Try the noontec ZORO II Wireless which I recently reviewed. The sound signature is slightly bassy, but not boomy or imbalanced. They are and on-ear headphone which I find very comfortable. I use mine for gaming and wear them for hours on weekends and they hardly bother me. If my ears feel a pressure point I just move them a bit and they are comfortable again.

The sound is awesome both wired and through bluetooth which is really why I recommend them. You can save some cash and get the ZORO II HD which is not wireless, but keeps all of the other great features I mentioned.

This is a headphone I carry to meets and honestly stun vendors with because it looks like something that would sound terrible, but ends up surprising.

Tyll over at InnerFidelity.com gives them the Ok as well.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-well-balanced-noontec-zoro-ii-hd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back