IEM: akg 324 vs cx 95 or?
Feb 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gvz

New Head-Fier
I am considering AKG 324 or Sennheiser CX95. I know they are similar, yet I'd like to learn what are their differences and how relevant they are for me. (Design doesn't matter. Sound is the priority, and budget and availability are the only limits.)

Background:
I am using Porta Pros for years, on audigy 2 zs (typically foobar with resampler, often also bs2b dsp) and got used to the sound. I got an ipod nano 3g, and am looking for IEMs that allow similar (or better
wink.gif
SQ.
I listen mostly to prog rock (from early to Mars Volta), yet occasionally also to jazz (say Gil Evans). Got Koss Sparkplug, but of course they are of no use. Asides from the muddied sound I also dislike the echo a lot, and want to avoid it at all cost.

Both AKG 324 and CX 95 are closed, does it create any echo? And are open models (as e.g. Denon 551) less prone to echo?

List of the candidates for purchase includes also these, but they are mostly more difficult to get (price and/or ordering) The list is limited bc I intend to buy the earphones in Hungary, e-shopping is not an option.
Philips SHE 9850
Denon 551
JVC HAFX66
JBL Ref 220
Shure SE102
Shure SE110
Shure SE310

Users who are viewing this thread

Back