IEM advice please, I don't know what I'm looking for :(
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AudioJunki3

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

Im looking to upgrade my in ear headphones and Ive searched up so many products but cant find the exact thing that I'm looking for. I listen to mostly bass heavy music, dubstep, electro ect but I also enjoy soundtracks so they must have good highs and a wide soundstage.

I currently own Atomic floyd superdarts, bought them at a glance because they were really cheap and I've decided i want something in the high end catagory. Ive looked into Sony MDR EX1000, Westone 4R an d shure Se535, I've also looked at lower priced options like the IE80 and was also considering the IE800 but I'm only 19 and cant afford that option really. 

Would also like removable cables, which i can upgrade or whatever if something happens to them. Protect your investment and all.
I did search the forums for a while before i made this post, I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

Hope to hear what advice more experienced listeners can give.

Regards

PS: sorry for my poor terminology, I dont visit headfi that often.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Im looking to upgrade my in ear headphones and Ive searched up so many products but cant find the exact thing that I'm looking for. I listen to mostly bass heavy music, dubstep, electro ect but I also enjoy soundtracks so they must have good highs and a wide soundstage.

I currently own Atomic floyd superdarts, bought them at a glance because they were really cheap and I've decided i want something in the high end catagory. Ive looked into Sony MDR EX1000, Westone 4R an d shure Se535, I've also looked at lower priced options like the IE80 and was also considering the IE800 but I'm only 19 and cant afford that option really. 

Would also like removable cables, which i can upgrade or whatever if something happens to them. Protect your investment and all.
I did search the forums for a while before i made this post, I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

Hope to hear what advice more experienced listeners can give.

Regards

PS: sorry for my poor terminology, I dont visit headfi that often.

im not sure if theres a removable cable IEM....

So anyway, whats your budget?

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 3
im not sure if theres a removable cable IEM....

So anyway, whats your budget?

Thanks for your reply, I managed to get some ie800 that was priced within my budget (450) but I appreciate your reply.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back