Iem advice for very picky individual
Mar 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

scoopbb

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am looking to get a pair of IEMs mostly for work. Of all the headphones ive heard, I prefer the hd650s the most. I am looking for an iem with somewhat similar sound. Here is a list of headphones ive heard / owned.

Ath-m50
dt770 pro 80ohm
ultrasone pro 900
hd650
hd555
alessandro ms1i
senn hd25-1 ii
ue triplefi10
brainwavz beta

I have a pair of klipsch x10 that i got around february but after using the triplefi 10s for a bit I thought iems werent for me and never opened them. The fact that they dont have a removable cable makes me not want to open them at all. The triplefi10s were bulky, hard to fit and didn't sound that great. I could hear the music, but it felt like it was very airy and flat (not so much the sound contour but the physical sensation). i didn't feel it at all. I actually like the brainwavz more than the triplfi 10s tbh, even at 20 bucks, but they lack refinement and clarity (obviously). I used the pro 900s at work, but they were huge to lug around everyday. They took up too much room and were too heavy. I got the hd25-1 iis instead, but because they sit on my ear, they simply hurt after a few hours and I have to constantly readjust / take em off and put them on. Frankly, its too annoying.

I'm looking for an iem I can feel, with good bass, decent clarity. Something hopefully akin to the hd650. The only other thing I really would prefer is a removable cable. I will probably get the ACS tips, or a custom remold made if they sound good to me. Budget probably up to 500 although the lower the better. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:

I'm looking for an iem I can feel, with good bass, decent clarity. Something hopefully akin to the hd650. The only other thing I really would prefer is a removable cable. I will probably get the ACS tips, or a custom remold made if they sound good to me. Budget probably up to 500 although the lower the better. Any suggestions would be awesome.

The Sennheiser IE8/IE80 (about $300-400) ticks the boxes here. It shares a lot of similarities to the HD650's sound, it has removable cable and AFAIK you can get ACS tips for it.

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 7
I read ACS no longer supports the IE8s.

Def gonna start looking into the 3 you guys recommended so far

Quote:
The Sennheiser IE8/IE80 (about $300-400) ticks the boxes here. It shares a lot of similarities to the HD650's sound, it has removable cable and AFAIK you can get ACS tips for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back