Iem advice for metal?(S4,RE0,Denon 551,HP-FXC70)??
Dec 3, 2009 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Homoerected

New Head-Fier
Hi all

I think about ~$100.I found some stuff an advices in forum but i cannot decide which will i buy.I listen mostly death/grind/prog. metal and some electronica.Iam not a basshead I need some punchy bass for groovy kick soundings. And i think mids are important for guitars. I dont like muddy sounding and boomy bass.I made a list like that:

Klipsch S4
Head Direct RE0
Denon AH-C 551
Jvc-Victor HP-FXC70

Thx for help!

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had the S4 about 2 months ago and returned it for being too boomy in the bass and too sizzling in the highs for me. It isn't muddy, just too strong for me.

I've had the RE0 for about 6 months now, and once it gets past the 100 hour or so mark the bass reaches its fullest it will probably get. It is definitely not for bass-heads, and if you want to hear all the details of the music, the RE0 will definitely deliver. It is very balanced across the sound spectrum and has the speed necessary for faster music like speed metal.

Can't comment on the other 2, but most people here seem to say that mids are not the strong suit of the Denon IEMs -- strong bass and highs, but recessed mids.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 3
Maybe add the Hippo VB to the list. The Victor is interesting but not the most durable, maybe replace them with the Technica ATH CKM55 or Panasonic HJE600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back