IEM 400-600$?
May 10, 2018 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

C_Lindbergh

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey! Currently I own a Brainwawz B400, overall I'm really happy, but as always with audio gear you can always purchase something better. The only problem is that the few Hifi stores in my area got an extremely low samples of IEMs to try out, and unlike headphones you can't return IEMs if you don't like the sound,

What IEM do you recommend if I want a similar sound signature (maybe more V-shaped), but in the next price tier?

My sources would be a LG V30 with Spotify and/or Tidal, I mostly listen to Metal/rock/folk.

May 10, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 8
for $400 I would try to get a pair of used Sennheiser ie800. They're V shape with outstanding bass and great clarity on highs.
My v30 pairs really well with it.

May 10, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 8
You might look into a Campfire Polaris
It is a good choice for those who are looking for V-shaped sound signature although Vega is the best for V-Shaped lovers.

May 11, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 8
You might look into a Campfire Polaris. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.

I was going to suggest the Polaris as well.

May 11, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for all the suggestions, If only Campfire had a single distributor in my area of Europe, the closest store for a tryout would be somewhere in Germany and I live in northern Sweden :frowning2:

I'll just have to look if any of the European distributors has got a viable return policy for IEMs in case I'm not satisfied with the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back