IEM, ~200USD [Europe]
Sep 14, 2014 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tordenskjold

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there...my CX500 died on me, it's time for upgrade/replacement. 

Budget is 130€ top, that would be 200USD. Less would be fine, more impossible. 
Desired sound would be (shamelessly plundered your glossary here)... imagine a cross of an HD25 and a K701, and then stuff both into an IEM. Analytical and dry, no emphasis on any spectrum. A bass that goes deep and does not bloat, maybe a sllliiight V-shape to it. Maybe a bit of a laid-back sound. The bass of my HD25 is pretty much perfect, but I think its heights are not what they should be. No mud, no smeared bass or midrange. I don't listen much to singing (and when I do it's clasical Opera), so I'd hate something set up along the K271 with its emphasized upper mids and lower heights. I tried a HD700, and while far out of my league it sehd shivers down my spine. (dunno if that helps LOL). I seem to generally dislike "warm" sounding cans. 
Source would be my blackberry (if neccessary with a fiio) or my home rig (Xonar Essence). 
I mostly listen to classical or jazz, seldomly metal or industrial. No pop, hiphop, dubstep and all that other crap for me. 

I have a few candidates so far (heard none of them since salespeople are reluctant to hand them over so I can stuff them in my ears):

- KEF M200
Those little things that go over the ear might interfere with my glasses. 

Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9IS
Says somewhere it's a bass-head phone - not good. 

RHA MA750
great, great build quality...but do they deliver soundwise? 

- Havi B3 Pro1
can't find a source to buy in Germany. Sound-description is good, excellent price but import only it seems. 

I'm open for any suggestion, any other candidate that fits. I hope you guys can give me a hand and thanks in advance for all replies :)

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Unfortunately I could only import them directly, both time- and moneyconsumingly so. Also will I get a better sound if I throw more money at it, or in other words: can I get better sound within my budget? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back