IEM’s with Meze Classic sound
Jul 15, 2020 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Bigun

New Head-Fier
Firstly I apologise if my lack of knowledge means I know the answer to this question without knowing the answer 🤷‍♂️ 😂

I’m fairly new to head-fi, been buying cheap chi-fi IEM’s for the past few years and have worked my way to a pair of BQEYZ Spring 1’s, which I like (or did like).
This all ended when I purchased some used Meze Classic Neo’s. At first I wasn’t sure, it was such a different sound to all the IEM’s I have owned. But once I got used to it I loved it and now I think about listening to them all them time 😂😂 it actually sounds like my main system only better. I didn’t realise any headphone could sound like this - Rich, warm, engaging and those Mids WOW 😍😍 The bass can be a bit much sometimes but it’s never flabby or bloated ‘just always there’ 😳

thing is are there any IEM’s with that kind of sound signature or can it not really be achieved with IEM’s?

I would imagine the chi-fi fairly forward sound signature is pretty much the norm and why I’ve not really heard anything similar. Tin hifi T2 maybe maybe? But I don’t own a pair anymore and at my age I’m not sure my auditory memory is what it was.

so is there anything out there at any price, but obviously the cheaper the better 😂😂

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 14
That’s going to be a tough one. The Tin T2’s I haven’t heard but from reports is going to be bright sounding and no where close to what you are describing of what you want. The only ones that I have that come close without the bass is the Shozy Zeroes. They have a nice warm signature without being too warm more of a smooth sound and no the mids are not like the Classics but nice. It’s always a challenge and one that usually fails to find a earphone to sound like a headphone.

Jul 15, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 14
That’s going to be a tough one. The Tin T2’s I haven’t heard but from reports is going to be bright sounding and no where close to what you are describing of what you want. The only ones that I have that come close without the bass is the Shozy Zeroes. They have a nice warm signature without being too warm more of a smooth sound and no the mids are not like the Classics but nice. It’s always a challenge and one that usually fails to find a earphone to sound like a headphone.
That’s right but they weren’t as bright as others, I think the v-shaped signature is pretty widespread with chi-fi brands and it’s something I liked for the detail but always found it so tiering and now my eyes are wide open. I will look at the shozy’s thanks very much

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 14
That’s right but they weren’t as bright as others, I think the v-shaped signature is pretty widespread with chi-fi brands and it’s something I liked for the detail but always found it so tiering and now my eyes are wide open. I will look at the shozy’s thanks very much
Yes most Chi Fi’s are more v shaped have 6 or 7 KZ’s and most are that way as well the ZSX being my favorite for now as they are not as bright but still kinda lean that way.

Jul 18, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 14
Perhaps one of the Final Audio E series IEMs, such as the E1000 or E3000. They are very warm sounding. One caveat is that they need a lot of power to “come alive”.

The Tin T2 is good for vocals, but is more warm-bright in tuning. The E1000 actually has a similar tuning, but with tamer treble.
1595110279562.png

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #6 of 14
Perhaps one of the Final Audio E series IEMs, such as the E1000 or E3000. They are very warm sounding. One caveat is that they need a lot of power to “come alive”.

The Tin T2 is good for vocals, but is more warm-bright in tuning. The E1000 actually has a similar tuning, but with tamer treble.
1595110279562.png
Yes the E5000 is also a bit warm but not much so but they do need some power to run them as my Questyle QP1R has no problem with the Ether C’s but was struggling with the E5000’s they are 14 ohm but 93 dB in sensitivity and that is more than a lot of planars so it is hard to drive. I would have like a bit more juice for them but they did sound very nice. My HiBy R6 Pro probably would not have a problem with them.

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 14
I know the hype precedes it, but tbh the BLON BL-03 is a good match as any.

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 14
I know the hype precedes it, but tbh the BLON BL-03 is a good match as any.
Except it’s so short nozzle that is a hard to get a good seal. I use a foam tip which helps but does change the sound a bit.

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 14
Except it’s so short nozzle that is a hard to get a good seal. I use a foam tip which helps but does change the sound a bit.
For the BL03, of you want a lot of bass, use Final E tips, if you want a more balanced sound, use regular length Sedna Earfits. Both of those tips clamp tightly to the lip at the end of the BL03 nozzle, and effectively extend the nozzle.

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 14
For the BL03, of you want a lot of bass, use Final E tips, if you want a more balanced sound, use regular length Sedna Earfits. Both of those tips clamp tightly to the lip at the end of the BL03 nozzle, and effectively extend the nozzle.
I got some Spin Fits and they don’t do too bad but still need some foam tips to get them going.

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 14
Sorry but have been listening to my Empire Ears Phantoms and they just rock Minus the Bear .

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #12 of 14
Thanks for your recommendations 👍🏻 I’ve owned T2’s and BL-03 just found there’s always a compromise - lack of bass, splashy treble, or both. Been thinking about trying the T2 Plus - lots of positive’s (for me) in reviews so far but it still sounds like there’s some splash in there 🤷‍♂️

Jul 20, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #13 of 14
Thanks for your recommendations 👍🏻 I’ve owned T2’s and BL-03 just found there’s always a compromise - lack of bass, splashy treble, or both. Been thinking about trying the T2 Plus - lots of positive’s (for me) in reviews so far but it still sounds like there’s some splash in there 🤷‍♂️
The T2+ is not as bright as the T2, and it has a lot more bass, but the treble is still a bit splashy. I really think looking into the Final Audio E1000 (neutral-ish) or E3000 (warm, bassy) would be a good idea. Other options are the iBasso IT00 or the NF Audio NA2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back