IEC Inlet with EMI Filter?
Jul 31, 2007 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bhjazz

Headphoneus Supremus
I came upon a spare part in my box-o-stuff that I might be able to use for my CK2III. It's an IEC socket with an integrated EMI filter. Here are the specs:
115/250V 6A
L: 2x0.8mH
C: 0.1uF(X2)SH
2200pF(Y)x2
It seemed like it might be a kind of cool thing, and was small enough that I could use it.

Link. I have the 06SS1 model.

Is this a good idea, or should I use it elsewhere? What about insertion loss? And, I suppose, do I really need it?

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 6
Put it in a project box and add another outlet so you can put it in front of different pieces of equipment in the power chain, and see what you think.

Aug 2, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 6
Use it in one of your sources that doesn't have power supply filtering built-in.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 6
I have one of these saved from a PSU, the one that was made with the opposite IEC end to power monitors. (back when PSU's were used for this, lol)

I wonder if this would be any help with wallwarts. It is probably not as good as a real regulated DC supply, but I'm guessing the filtering would help with noise vs. simply plugging the wallwart into the wall.

Any ideas?

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logistics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put it in a project box and add another outlet so you can put it in front of different pieces of equipment in the power chain, and see what you think.

That might actually be eay to do before I case the whole thing up. Nice idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back