Ie800 check
Oct 22, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #16 of 26
I wonder how many fakes have been sold by third parties on Amazon and resold by the victims on HeadFi using doctored invoices. Does Amazon crosscheck for invoice authenticity, if we send the invoice number to them?

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #17 of 26
I've personally owned a fake pair before as well as 2 genuine pairs purchased directly from Sennheiser Singapore. 

A "Good" copy can sound very convincingly close to the originals, wide spacious soundstage, V-shaped signature. The obvious difference is the bass which can sound too bloated and it doesn't cope well with complicated and speedy bass tracks. It's just not timely as compared to the originals. 

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #18 of 26
I wonder how many fakes have been sold by third parties on Amazon and resold by the victims on HeadFi using doctored invoices. Does Amazon crosscheck for invoice authenticity, if we send the invoice number to them?
Thank god I have not experienced buying a fake iem because I have purchased many from amazon without any issues.

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #21 of 26
Wouldn't it be useful to create a page on Head-Fi all about fakes and how to identify them?

Fake cigars are pretty common too, and can be hard to identify, but several websites like Head-Fi about cigars have their own tab with each brand and the known fakes where people can send in their fake labels to have them documented and uploaded to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Maybe there is already a thread for information about fakes?

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #22 of 26
I thought it'd be appropriate to post this link regarding the subject :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/457420/warning-fake-ie8s-comparison-pictures-included

It goes into extensive detail about identifying fakes.

Edit: I just noticed those are IE8s,,, may prove useful anyway!

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #26 of 26
  Could this be an authentic Amazon invoice?
And, could fakes come with authentic-looking invoices?

The invoice seems authentic.
Amazon sometimes ships out fakes though. If you do get one, contact them about it. They might send you another one (and inspect that one to be authentic) and let you keep the fake one to avoid the hassle.
Hell no lol. The second I saw it I was confident it was fake. It's more a case of of the seller is difficult ill have to send it in.

Ah, I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back