Ie800 check
Oct 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 26
The problem is, nowadays it's really hard to tell without having it next to an original one. Some of the counterfeits are surprisingly well made unfortunately.

We advice all of you to buy from authorized sellers and if you're looking for deals, there's a thread where you could subscribe and check periodically for legitimate deals

You can check the authenticity here. Enter the product ID (ZJ7LXDZL55) and the captcha code. Then they'll show you an animation of how the holographic image is supposed to work. It should change colors as you tilt the box up and down and the number all the way to the right should be moving up and down as well. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 26
Hi thanks for the help guys. Yeah unfortunately the photo isn't great but only on I had from the seller.

How convenient ... (for the seller)

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 26
Hi all,

Last time around the thread here saved me a lot of hassle.

Do these look genuine:

I think you need more detailed shots. But there is one indicator of a genuine pair which is the Gold Ring between the Y-Connectors. The fake ones clasp totally and there is no gap in between. As far as I know, both my genuine pairs have a slight gap with the gold metal showing. It seems to be on this pair. 

Regardless, any images provided may not be genuine as well. I would suggest a physical check before any commitment, if possible. Indeed the fakes are getting incredibly hard to spot, but there are subtle details such as the Gold Gap which are intricate signs made possible by very precise engineering. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 26
So A nice little update on this thread.

The headphone arrived today and as far as I'm concerned there are some serious concerns. The gold ring effect was achieved by keep the connection loose.

Guys, please see the photos below. Also, it seems the small circle on the headphone jack is now cleaner but the s still the wrong way around!

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #9 of 26

The headphone arrived today and as far as I'm concerned there are some serious concerns. The gold ring effect was achieved by keep the connection loose.

Guys, please see the photos below. Also, it seems the small circle on the headphone jack is now cleaner but the s still the wrong way around!

Those are not how mine are looking. Did the box have the hologram & did you go to the Senn website for verification of authenticity?

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #12 of 26
+1

It's already fairly well documented that the IE800's with a reversed 'S' logo are fake.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 26
Fake it is, sorry for your hassle. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #14 of 26

For a fake, this is really a bad copy.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #15 of 26
For a fake, this is really a bad copy.

This wasn't even fun to figure out. I love the ones where everything looks like an authentic pair, and the only way to tell if it's geniune is to tell the OP to listen to them, yet they say it sounds good and can't decide because they don't have a confirmed authentic pair to compare to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back