IE80 vs Custom Art Music Two
Apr 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Reabroy

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I've been searching for an IEM for a while, and I've come to conclusion to choose between Sennheiser IE80 and Custom Art Music Two. Which one is better regarding to overall quality and bass. I'm just a newbie in this field, but I just want some high quality headphones. 

Thank you for responses

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Really depends on what you're going for. In terms of bass, the ie80 utterly dominates in terms of quantity, depth, and texture. I haven't heard the music two but it would have a much better fit (being custom) and most likely a flatter, more neutral response, and possibly much clearer/accurate overall sound through all the frequencies. Maybe not so much emphasis on bass though. Keep bumping the thread and looking for reviews on the customs before you make a decision. You may want to look into JVC fx700's if you're interested in massive bass.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 4
 As far as I'm concern, the biggest problem for me now is accessibility. I'm in Thailand and I cannot find most of these headphones. Custom Art ships abroad, so that helps a lot. I've been searching for IE80 for a while, but I can't find one here. Amazon and Ebay seem to be risky. I thought Fx700 is sold only in Japan?

Do you have any more recommendation for bassy in-ear headphones within this price range(not necessarily IEMs.)

Thank you very much

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 4
The ie8/80 is wonderful place to end a basshead iem journey if that's what you're looking for. The ATH-PRO700, V-Moda Crossfade LP, and Denon D2000 (the latter not portable and discontinued) are known for being great over-ear options. The ASG 2.5, RHA 750i/T10i, or HiSound Wooduo2 are other superb options, the latter of which I'd highly suggest for an utterly earth-shattering experience (I've actually never tried the Wooduos but the reviews in comparison to the ie80 make it apparent). The fx700 is reliable through amazon, and yes, the ie80 is sketch on amazon or ebay, so make sure you can either make the return or buy from the for sale thread here on Head-Fi (also, on head-fi they go for reaaaally cheap if you can wait for one to come up - like 175-250 cheap). Past those suggestions, a couple searches around these parts and a skim of lJokerl's 336 IEM's compared thread should get you somewhere. There are quality and worthwhile options abound. 

Oh, and sorry for your wallet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back