IE80 or IE800, Replacement IE's offered by Senn, Need help to decide
Sep 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

slair76116

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guy's,

I recently returned to Senn a broken pair of IE8's which I had.

They offered to replace the unit with a new pair of IE80's. I accepted the deal but then I saw they have the new ubber IE800's. I know it's a different price range but still.

I was wondering if I should offer to pay the balance/difference (IE80's to IE800's) and go for a pair of IE800's ?

I will use it with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and listening mostly to 80's 90's rock ballad kind of music.

Your advise is much appreciated.

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 5
The IE800s are my favorite IEM after going through all the other high-end IEMs.  However, I don't think they would be worth the difference between the IE80s and the IE800s especially with your source.  There are an awful lot of people who prefer the IE80s in terms of ergonomics and isolation and the IE800 seems to be a pretty polarizing headphone.

Not an easy decision.  The used IE800 prices on head-fi mean that you could probably have the IE80, IE800, and some additional cash if you go that route instead of a Sennheiser "upgrade".

Sep 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 5
The IE80's for the now not in production IE8's were offered by Senn USA. (Great Service)

I sent me broken Senn IE8's to Senn Germany. ( I didn't have the purchase reciept for it.) (Hoping for  Good Service)

Senn Germany informed Senn Middleast to take care of it.

Senn Middleast is only offering me an out of production IE8 for my broken IE8, That's fair trade. Am I the customer happy? NO!. Becasue Senn US offered me the IE80's which I should have taken.

Moral of the story

Depending on which region you deal with the level of service is so different even in the same company.

"I no longer want to buy the IE800's becasue they didn't offer the IE80's." Matter of personal opinion :) 

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Hmm
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back