IE8 vs blackberry IEM question regarding quality
Apr 16, 2010 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

azncoduyen

New Head-Fier
I just received my IE8 on monday and been listening to it. Today I compared it to my blackberry iem and I almost can't tell the difference between the two. Is there something wrong with my IE8? I received my IE8 from ecost.com. From the pictures in the FAKE IE8 section, my IE8 looks like the real one. The R on the right iem is angled, and also the Sennheiser logo S shape are super close to each other instead of far apart like the fake ones.

When I did a comparison between the blackberry iem, the 2 sounds similar. The only different is that my blackberry iem needs to be louder, other wise they sound the same. I even try playing the same song with one iem plugging into the laptop while the other plugging into my zune hd. I use the same side for comparison. any idea??? thanks

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 6
afaik, ecost is a reputable seller and i don't think you have a fake IE8. if you can't here the difference, then good for you - you won't need to upgrade and spend a fortune on IEMs.

but if you aren't sure, maybe you can post some pics. and i'd also call sennheiser and ask if ecost is an authorized dealer.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 6
Plug your IE8 in to a music source playing music at slightly louder than comfortable volume and let them play for 1-2 days and then have another listen. I'll bet they sound a little bit different than they do now. They really do sound not very good for the first 20-30hrs of use. 2 days will start to get them into a zone where you will really start noticing a difference.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 6
I ll try to take your advice dweaver.

And I don't think something is wrong with my ears. I got a triple.fi and comparing it to the blackberry is like a different between night and day... I just didn't get the same affect as the IE8.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 6
eCost is an authorized Senn dealer, I've asked Sennheiser myself.

Regarding not hearing the difference with the IE8s when you heard it with the TF10s; The IE8s are a laid back, relaxed IEM, so it might just be harder to tell how detailed they are. Some people say they require burn it, so consider giving that a shot.
Also, try just listening to the IE8s for a week or two exclusively. After that time, try listening to the other IEMs and see if you hear the difference.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthpeople /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eCost is an authorized Senn dealer, I've asked Sennheiser myself.

Regarding not hearing the difference with the IE8s when you heard it with the TF10s; The IE8s are a laid back, relaxed IEM, so it might just be harder to tell how detailed they are. Some people say they require burn it, so consider giving that a shot.
Also, try just listening to the IE8s for a week or two exclusively. After that time, try listening to the other IEMs and see if you hear the difference.

I didn't know that the IE8 was laid back. And this is the first time I understand what laid back means. Thanks for the clarification. When I bought the IE8 I thought that it has similar clarity in the highs like the triple.fi but with a big difference in the bass. I guess I had too much expectation and didn't like it as much. I will be letting my friend borrow my IE8 for the weekend. Hopefully when I get it back on monday, i can tell the difference in the sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back