IE8 suddenly sounds muffled.
May 2, 2010 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Teerdz

100+ Head-Fier
I have my IE8's now for 2 weeks. I enjoy them alot since then. But this afernoon I put them in my iPod touch. And put up the song: Mister Superstar.

I know the sound of the vocals is already a bit muffled. It doesn't feel really right. The screaming voice sounds so fake and like they cut some things away.

But with the IE8 it sounds very bad. The vocals sound like they must travel through layers of foam.

This muffled sound didn't occur for me the last weeks. But this weekend I suddenly hear it.

Anyone else experiencing or experienced this?

May 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 12
Are you sure you bought them from a reliable place? Maybe you got scamed with fake IE8s :/

May 2, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 12
burn out? i thought my ie8 sounded bright and very open with an edgy treble at the 72 hours mark burning them in but then they sounded alot darker and more laid back and thicker especially with vocals.this was nearly a year ago but i still like their sound and they are still my favourite.

May 2, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #7 of 12
Do you mean you have a week blank (not using IE8) since receiving your IE8 two weeks ago? Perhaps your brain needs to adjust to the sound signature of IE8.

May 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you checked for earwax in the earpieces?

Recently I did make more earwax in my ears. Sometimes it ended on the grill. I removed it with the little tool. But perhaps some is still there but I can't see it.

May 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #10 of 12
the ie8's vocals are not very good because there is way too much emphasis on the lower end of the spectrum. i tried to like the ie8s but couldn't because it was too bassy. so it might not be anything wrong with your ie8s... you just might not like its sound signature.

May 2, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #11 of 12
My problem is solved. It seemed I had a very bad standard Eq set on my player. Someone must have been messing with it while I was gone. Thanks for the help people.

May 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #12 of 12
I was going to suggest checking that, but I didn't think EQ would make it /that/ bad.
Glad you found your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back