IE8 owner going neutral?
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #17 of 36

Quote:
You're welcome. I like how easily the sound signature can be changed with just a few tweaks.

It´s like upgrading to the IE80 for free. However, I´m affraid this tweak is unknow to most IE8 owners.

So everybody: Spread the good news
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #18 of 36

Quote:
I really think your next purchase should be the GR07. I can't praise these things enough. They're incredibly versatile, and I think you'll love them. There was also a member who went from the IE8 to the GR07, and has never looked back. Below are the links to his posts, and my review of them. Have fun. It also does not  have a vacuum seal, which is something I hated on the TF10 and EPH-100.

I used to own the IE8 myself, and I really loved their sound until the wee bit overbearing bass (even on the lowest bass setting) got too much for me so I sold them. I then went for the GR07 and their overall balance for all genres is quite something. The GR07's are keepers for me, I'd buy them again if they ever broke.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #20 of 36

Quote:

I used to own the IE8 myself, and I really loved their sound until the wee bit overbearing bass (even on the lowest bass setting) got too much for me so I sold them. I then went for the GR07 and their overall balance for all genres is quite something. The GR07's are keepers for me, I'd buy them again if they ever broke.

I guess I will try the GR07 soon.

Quote:
Phonak Audeo 1xx/2xx? With the grey and black filters you can easily customize your sound. Easily found in EU too.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/phonak-aud%C3%A9o-perfect-fit-earphone-and-perfect-bass-earphone

Thanks, may give them a try, too.
They were actually the first pair of higher quality IEM´s I wanted to buy. There was a great offer at the audeo shop where they sold the 112 and the 012 for just the price of the 112.
I couldn´t decide wether to buy these or not.
Decided to get them but the offer was already gone
redface.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #23 of 36
I wouldn't want to wear these taped in public. Why don't try to tune the iem's with tips? I think in theory they are probably doing the same thing by tuning the natural frequency with mass and damping characteristics.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #24 of 36
I've tried a plethora of tips with the IE8 and none of them significantly reduce the mid-bass. I cut two small pieces of clear tape, enough to cover the dials, and it's not that noticeable.

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #25 of 36

Quote:
I've tried a plethora of tips with the IE8 and none of them significantly reduce the mid-bass. I cut two small pieces of clear tape, enough to cover the dials, and it's not that noticeable.

Don't know anything about the ie8, but for the ie80 it took me three pairs of tips (all fit nicely on me) to find the ones which provide the most balanced and non-fatiguing sound. I am talking about long hrs of music everyday like the working hrs of a full-time job.

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #26 of 36
Yeah the IE8 mid bass is ridiculous when compared to the IE80. Its just so thick and overpowering. The IE80 just got it right. Think of your IEM having so much mid bass that is overshadows the sub bass, mid range and even treble. That is the IE8.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #27 of 36

Quote:
Yeah the IE8 mid bass is ridiculous when compared to the IE80. Its just so thick and overpowering. The IE80 just got it right. Think of your IEM having so much mid bass that is overshadows the sub bass, mid range and even treble. That is the IE8.

I guess I was lucky listening to my ibuds when the ie80 was not available.
wink_face.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #29 of 36
Ive used Double flanged tips to reduce Bass which works also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back