IE8 on EBay for $200?
Dec 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

brianhem10

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I apologize to the forum for starting a few different threads recently. Just got offered a 2nd chance price on ebay for an IE8 for $200. I'm concerned that the seller says Sennheiser doesnt give warranties for items purchased on eBay. Should I be concerned?

Also, I'm really interested in the Monster Turbine Pros (and their lifetime warranty!). I can get those for $190 shipped as well. Any advice?

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #4 of 11
lots and lots and lots of sennheiser fakes on ebay. hard to know whats real and whats not so i just dont buy sennheisers on ebay.

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 11
brian: get it and file a claim with Paypal if you do find its a fake. Get a full refund. It's worth putting up $200 and see if you get lucky than spending $400.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 11
I got my ie8s from an ebay vendor for $285 (shipped conus), but one that is very reputable. We ended up dealing outside of ebay to save him ebay fees and get me a discount in the process. He threw another year of in-house warranty on top of the 2 yr Sennheiser OEM warranty too.

I've checked the fake ie8 thread, and my ie8s passed the test.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want the guy's name and email pm me. I'm not about to give him free advertising on this forum through my posts though.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 11
Yeah I wrote a couple paragraphs in the fake ie8 thread about my experience, well more than as essay if you include all the posts I made. On ebay Canada I found that some had sketchy descriptions and some were to cheap, others from China, some fake in teh pics, even from the US. Out of all the ones I saw on ebay Canada I would only trust 1/15 of them. Thats BS. Ebay is not to be trusted.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
brian: get it and file a claim with Paypal if you do find its a fake. Get a full refund. It's worth putting up $200 and see if you get lucky than spending $400.

The problem with this plan is vendors of fakes often dump their inventory and disappear into the night, cleaning their account in the process. You'll be chasing a ghost for that refund.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with this plan is vendors of fakes often dump their inventory and disappear into the night, cleaning their account in the process. You'll be chasing a ghost for that refund.

True. It also takes time to proof it is fake, as we can see how real these counterfeit are nowadays

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kinda hard when the seller on ebay has over 1,000+ positive feedbacks at 100%. I've never had a problem getting a refund after filing a claim with Paypal. Paypal has recordation of all ebayer's payment accounts. They just withdraw the amount from the seller after verifying fraudulent behavior. Doesn't matter if the ebay seller is gone or vanished. Paypal issues the refund, not ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back