IE8 falls out of my ears
Apr 23, 2010 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Teerdz

100+ Head-Fier
Yesterday I got them. I was excited and put them in my ears. They fell out the moment after.

I let them burn in a day. And now I am trying to put them in. But every tip I use fails to stay in or isolate my ears. Even the foam tips.

The foam tips work in my right ear. But on the left ear it fails to fit in good. So any suggestions on good tips that will isolate on the IE8 and be comfy

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #4 of 13
Very different. They might suit you as your ear canals are probably quite large if the IE8s keep falling out. They are stiffer, especially the clear tips that come with the MF200. The foamies are just soft and pliable. I personally find the clear tips aren't comfy at all, but the gray tips are slightly softer and comfy. But they might fall out of your ear as well.

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 13
I put mine in wrong today (Right in left ear, left in right ear) by mistake, and found that to be a better fit. See if that works, then all you would need to do is switch them so it doesnt reverse the sound.

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #7 of 13
I'm using the standard round tips now, Large size. But still it is so uncomfortable. Tomorrow I wil look in the Mediamarkt for other tips. Last time I saw some UE products so I hope they have tips

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #8 of 13
look for some monster turbine pro large triple flange tips, gives good deep fit and isolation on the ie8, i think you can get the generic version of them on ebay.

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #9 of 13
This may sound a bit counter-intuitive but if you haven't done so I'd suggest trying to use the smallest tips. Whenever I use the large or mediums, my ear canals seem to be too small and the phones fall out of my ears very easily. Having said that however, I'd say just keep fiddling with it for a while. It took me a while before I got around to mastering the somewhat finicky nature of the fit of these IEMs.

The UE silicon single flanges are very good and would be my ideal recommendation as they're my preferred tip for the IE8. If you really want a more secure fit though. The best tips would be the Sony EXP10A tips IMO..

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #10 of 13
Please wear over the ear with earhooks and it may helps them to stay in the ear.

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 13
I wear my IE8s cable down and with the monitors switched on the cable. Way more comfortable for me then the cable running over my ears. I also use the Sony silicon hybrids (XS) which you can get from Best Buy B&M now a days.

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 13
I use medium Comply 400 tx with my IE8s, but if the small foam tips fall out of your ears, suggest trying the small size, as the mediums are close to the large std. foam tips in size. The Complys also improve isolation significantly.

Apr 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please wear over the ear with earhooks and it may helps them to stay in the ear.

I always wear them with the cable going over my ear. It's the onyl way to get the to stay inside
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back