IE8 & Custom Molds (Advice)
Jan 30, 2009 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SpudHarris

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi there,

as you can see I'm a newbie, although I have lurked for a while I decided to take the plunge and register.

Anyhow I've made an impression already by putting my 1st post on completely the wrong forum.... oh dear.

Hopefully I'm now in the right place??

I've seen a few post relating to the brilliant IE8's, I got mine today but am struggling with isolation/acoustic seal. Has anyone bought custom molds for theirs?

I apologise in advance if this has been covered already, I'm still finding my way around and not really sure how to find specific threads or posts.

I've enquired at Audio Relief & they say they can do a set for about £88 or so. It's another chunk on top of the £210 I just paid for IE8's. Apart from turning them the other way (not over the ear) is there any other tip that works well generally?

Spud
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i take it you mean these people?

Advanced Communication Solutions - Custom Earphone Sleeves

im sure customs would help but its rare, havent seen anyone mention getting them for thiers.

you could try comply tips they might help

There's a 'warning' thread about the Comply tips and the IE8. I skimmed through it, even though I never plan to use those tips
confused_face.gif
- but I think it had something to do with them being a bit too tight, and that they got destroyed in the removal process
eek.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 8
I got the IE8's this morning and they've been cooking most of the day. I love the sound of them but the seal is so hit & miss, I'm getting peed off to be truthful.

I've tried every single tip that came with them, it's so frustrating. May just go back to the W3's unless I take the plunge and another £88 hit & get customs.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did hear something about that but wasnt that someone forcing 400 tips on instead of 500? i want really paying too much attention to that thread after the first 30 pages or so and i decided to go for the 7 anyway

What do you mean? It says that the IE8 uses the 400 tips not the 500...?

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #8 of 8
well yes it does say that but i was on the understanding that complys numbering system is based on size, 100 smallest 500 biggest.

given ive never bother to buy any complys dont take my word as gospel about them, but im sure i read thats how their numbering system works. i know complys website says 400 but i figured that could be them bieng lazy and just going "oh sennheiser, they are 400''s so the new ones must be too"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back