IE8 broken
Dec 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lalman

New Head-Fier
So I purchased some IE8s from Amazon a couple months back, and to be honest I have always suspected them of being fake because of the way they sound - very muffled when they came and it hasn't improved much - but there are zero visible indicators of them being fake.

They look and feel like they should, however in the past couple of days I have noticed the volume getting a lot lower, especially on the left ear (but on the right as well), and they have started to sound as if my fit is bad - even though it isn't.

Is there any way that I can confirm that they are indeed faulty, or even fake, and have them replaced? I mean this is a premium product that I payed full price for through an official Sennheiser reseller (Amazon themselves, NOT some 3rd party company through Amazon).

I deeply appreciate any and all help with this matter. If it turns out I'm screwed... Well I guess it's time for SM3s.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Pretty sure they have a 2 year warranty so it shouldn't be an issue getting them replaced since it was purchased through an authorized dealer.

Yes, I just got off the phone with Sennheiser and apparently Amazon is responsible for the 2 year warranty.

Does anyone have experience with replacing broken products after the 30-day return period is over? Will they just replace them or will I have to wait forever for them to do all sorts of tests?

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Yes, I just got off the phone with Sennheiser and apparently Amazon is responsible for the 2 year warranty.

Does anyone have experience with replacing broken products after the 30-day return period is over? Will they just replace them or will I have to wait forever for them to do all sorts of tests?

Just chat/talk with one of their reps, they should send you out a new one and get you a return label. Amazon has great customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back