IE8 and W3
Oct 15, 2009 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Opentoe

100+ Head-Fier
Can't we hook these up to a meter and see the output results that these are producing? I'm curious to see where the IE8 stands on the sound stage, by the sound and not opinion.

Looking to get a custom made, but I've never had such a hard decision. Heck, even my UE 700's laying around sound good! Do any of the manufacturers sell just the insides to provide customer's with ease to make their own custom's? I guess you just send the mold to the shop. Who's been to multiple places here that's had the opportunity to compare places and how they custom make your earphones? I bet some places are just sloppy and unorganized and some places neat and perfect.

"I want my M T Veee"....no no no no it is
"I want my custom's".......

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 4
I've read somewhere that soundstage is one of the few properties that can't be measured with a machine. Not that measured responses are always so accurate anyway.

As for customs, you can buy universals and get them remolded, but I'm not sure how you could just order the drivers alone.

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 4
If you get a chance to do a head-to-head shoot out with the both of them, you wont need a machine to tell which one you like. They sound totally different.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by swishbrade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get a chance to do a head-to-head shoot out with the both of them, you wont need a machine to tell which one you like. They sound totally different.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

I think your'e right, give them a try, compare and choose the best who suits for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back