IE8 an upgrade from UE SuperFi 5 Pros?
Nov 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CosmosMpower

New Head-Fier
I currently have some UE SuperFi 5 pros for general listening and travel. The sound quality is pretty good (I'm not a big time audiophile). My main issue is that the tube of the earbud is too big for my ear canal so even with the smallest tips I still have to cram them in to my ears pretty hard to get them to stay especially while jogging etc.

I have a good opportunity to buy a set of IE8's at a good price. Are they a genuine step up from the UE as far as sound quality goes? I mainly listen to rock, acoustic but like a good amount of bass as well. From my research it seems like the UE's and Ie7's are about on the same level. How is the comfort level for the IE8's especially for people with smaller ear canals?

Thanks!

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 6
They are better than the SF5 Pros in every aspect in terms of sound, having compared my pair to a friend's pair of SF5s. However, the IE8s probably wont stay in your ears when jogging. The IE8s dont go deep and tend to not stay in your ears very well.

You might want to look elsewhere...

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomme de terre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are better than the SF5 Pros in every aspect in terms of sound, having compared my pair to a friend's pair of SF5s. However, the IE8s probably wont stay in your ears when jogging. The IE8s dont go deep and tend to not stay in your ears very well.

You might want to look elsewhere...

I also agree that IE8s are miles ahead, although you will hear a different sound signature since these are in fact dynamic drivers.

With this previous comment, I will have to disagree. The IE8s would stay in just fine while jogging, especially if you wear them over the ear. No microphonics at all either that way.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #4 of 6
If you like the UE, I think you would like Shures SE530. Thats for me, personally. The bass and mids are very forward for this earphones. Fitting is good too. Give it a try if possible

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the responses. One of my main complaints with the UE's is that they are just too big for my ears. I have to cram them to get them to stay and they fall out within 5 steps when jogging. Are the IE8's smaller? I have small ear canals I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back