IE7 vs TF10
Dec 19, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #31 of 40
Go for westone 3's or if you dont mind cable noise Klipsch custom 3 or image

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #32 of 40
I have the M-Audio IE-40's, which are rebranded UE Triple Fi's (chrome finish instead of metallic blue), and I have the IE7's. I have burned in the IE7's for over 200 hours and the sound signature has changed significantly (used pink and white noise to burn them in). After the burn in, the only thing that the IE-40's do better is the treble. Treble still sounds good with the IE7's but they have better bass (quantity and quality) and far greater soundstage. I own the top universal IEMS (westone 3, se530, ie-40 (triple fi), IE7, and IE8) and I prefer the IE8 & IE7 over all of them. This is primarily due to the soundstage that they can produce. No other IEM in my collection can even come close to them in terms of soundstage. I also have to agree that more drivers does not necessarily mean your getting a better sound. It is very subjective. For example, I like the IE7 and IE8 better than all of the triple driver IEM's that I own and the IE7 and IE8 only have one driver in each ear piece. This comes down to dynamic versus balanced armature drivers. Two different technologies. Sorta like comparing apples and oranges. Whatever sounds better to your ears is the bottom line.

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #33 of 40
Having a dynamic driver has its advantages as it covers an entire audio spectrum than a single balance armature. Also dynamic allows bass to be produce more easily.

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #34 of 40
Triple Fi 10 for sure .. I just upgraded to them after losing my super fi 5.pros last week. Bought them on here brand new in box for 235.00. You may not get that type of pricing but you could get something in that general ballpark figure.

Trust me .. the difference is astounding .. especially with the mids and highs .. The bass is also there .. but it goes deeper and is more controlled .. the lower bass frequencies don't bleed into the mid bass like the super fi 5 pros do .. A much cleaner and more detailed sound.

Cheers

Jamie

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, i am confused that more of the experienced headfiers are not helping this thread.

I just came across this thread now. There is just so much wrong with what VoLTaG3 has stated that when I read his first post I didn't even know where to start with the limited amount of time I have to reply. Fortunately upon further reading it seems you and others have covered things quite well.

I personally haven't heard the IE7's but I own the IE8's and have heard the TF10's extensively. I'm quite liking the IE8's, they have some really wonderful qualities with few drawbacks. That said, there's a part of me that can't get the TF10's out of my head, not necessarily stock though. Stock, with Comply tips I could give or take them, highs were borderline too harsh and the mids to dry and recessed. Replace the stock cable with a cable from Null Audio and again with Complys I felt the mids came forward and the highs tamed while maintaining the excellent, tight and punchy bass qualities.

I briefly compared the recabled TF10's to the IE8's and I chose the IE8's but there are times, usually with specific music, I find myself pining away for those TF10's. I don't know how much use that will be other than to say that I think the TF10's can hold their own against the IE8's so given the choice between IE7's and TF10's it would depend on just how much better the IE8's are than the IE7's.

Mar 15, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #37 of 40
So many decisions....and everytime I convince myself to buy the TF10s, someone recommends something else to buy =/ hahha great job with the opinions/advice guys, keep it up

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #40 of 40
if sf5 fitted you perfectly then way to go is triple fi...
however if it did not fit you very well, consider more like w3 or se535
because they have a better sound quality than ie7 in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back