IE7 vs TF10
Dec 17, 2008 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

shloosh3

New Head-Fier
Hi guys.

i sold my SF5 pro , and now i need something better.
It will be the TF10 or the Sen ie7.

i can get the ie7 at 245$, and the TF10 for 400$.
As you can see there is a big different......

does the extra 150$ for the TF10 are worth?
And also how many drivers are in the IE7 ? i know the TF10
has 3, but i couldnt find anything about the IE7.

THX!!!

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 40
The IE7 does only have one "dynamic" driver, whereas the TF10 has 3 amature drivers. But thats doesn't matter.
I only own TF10 but from what I've heard, the IE7 sounds definitely worse.
You can get the TF10 at earphonesolutions.com for 350$.
I think it's a way better deal if you like its sound signature and fit!
Go UE, you won't regret
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 40
The "IE" series does not tend to isolate very well...if that is important to you.

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 40
The amount of drivers in an earphone is a difference. More drivers mean more details between each frequency of the audio spectrum. The TF10 is a much much better option over the IE-7. You can find the TF10 for $300 on Amazon. I can recommend you the Shure SE530's also. If you have an iPod you can activate the "Treble Boost" EQ for the Shure SE530 and the high frequency roll off will be fixed resulting in perfect sounding IEMS. The Shure SE530 will now have The TF10's HIGHS, The Shure's remarkable MIDS, and Tight, Deep, Punchy Bass which is MUSICAL HEAVEN. You can still fix the Shure SE530's high frequency roll off with any other portable media player if it has an adjustable EQ or a treble booster option.

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by shloosh3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
strange. i read good review about the ie7 here....
it looks like you almost say those are bad IEM...?...
IE7 will be any improvement from the SF5???

I'm not fully sure but most likely it will be better but keep in mind the IE-7 has one "dynamic" driver while the SF5 has 2 balanced armature drivers. They might be neck and neck in sound quality.

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by shloosh3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if the SF5 has 2 drivers, and the ie7 has only 1.... how come they can be equile?? thats weird...

Lol, probably the one "dynamic" driver in the IE-7 is very high quality.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #12 of 40
Never heard IE7s.

My TF10s sound amazing and are clearer than SF5 pros, especially in mids and trebs (the store I got mine from let me demo both - once I tried the TF10s there was no going back to the SF5s!). I have TERRIBLE fit problems with UEs silicones and foamies... but using the Shure Olives on UE's does wonders for the sound, fit and the isolation - I wear em 8 hours a day now!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/awe...ple-fi-232939/

PS - if you do go with UEs/Olives, I'd suggest the "olive on UE foamie plastic tube" trick as opposed to stretching the Olive's original plastic tube. It's all in that thread.

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #14 of 40
if you are saying that 1 driver is not as good as multiple driver, then IE8 which only has 1 driver now is competing with westone 3 and TF10. There are alot of compliment about Senn IE7-8 (not isolation for some people though). From what I heard, the main different between IE7 and IE8 is the sound stage, IE8 has biggest sound IEM at the moment I think. To me IE7-8 sound more real.

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have an iPod you can activate the "Treble Boost" EQ for the Shure SE530 and the high frequency roll off will be fixed resulting in perfect sounding IEMS. The Shure SE530 will now have The TF10's HIGHS

Do u ever heard of TF10P or just assume?

Rolled off and recessed are two different terms afaik. Do correct me if i'm wrong.

Rolled off = incapabilities of driver/armature to output affected frequency
Recessed = lower decibel in affected frequency

You cant fix rolled off high/mid/low with EQ or amp due to armature limitation (or crossover?). You can however bring out recessed high/mid/low with EQ or amp. I always though i fixed rolled off high on UM2 with EQ but after listening to TF10P, EQ'ed UM2 only boosted the high but NOT extend it. It still rolled off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back