IE6 vs IE7
Feb 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #31 of 50
well there is only a few songs that do it, and only when they are turned up quite loud if you want pm me your email and ill send you the song that drives me nuts with it.

yeah there is a bit of hiss but i dont think its too bad really, nothing that you really notice when they are playing and it reminds me that i need to get a LOD and a proper amp

Feb 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #35 of 50
There was a very slight sibilant I detected on the two minute mark. It wasn't that obvious at first and I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't listening for one.

Good track though.

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #39 of 50
hmm it could be a fit issue as i still not feel the things really go in my ears well, they just soooo shallow but the olives are other wise excellent and give a better seal than anything else. maybe its just a IE7 thing, i hope not as other wise that may encourage moving to the 8.

otherwise i really really so like the sound of them, just the occasional song just becomes an unpleasant experience

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe its just a IE7 thing, i hope not as other wise that may encourage moving to the 8.

icon10.gif
nudge nudge

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #41 of 50
Well I've just taken the plunge and ordered a pair of Sennheiser IE6's. These will replace my trusty Sony MDR-EX70LP, they've given me great service over 5 years but the cable bit the big one. No matter, it's time for a change. They'll be partnering a Cowon D2 playing mainly FLAC encodings of such disparate artists as Tom Waits, Dead Can Dance, Elbow, A-Ha, Mike Oldfield & Joy Division. Amongst others. I'm really looking for a jack of all trades and I do recognize the problems with this. I really wanted to buy the IE8's but they're just too expensive for me to justify right now (or ever?). Hopefully the IE6's and D2 make a good combination. I'll keep you all updated as I'm aware there's not too much solid info concerning the 6's. IE 7's & 8's there's plenty of talk, but not the the cheaper model. Thanks for the advice and tips in this thread folks. I'll be back.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorrofox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I've just taken the plunge and ordered a pair of Sennheiser IE6's. These will replace my trusty Sony MDR-EX70LP, they've given me great service over 5 years but the cable bit the big one. No matter, it's time for a change. They'll be partnering a Cowon D2 playing mainly FLAC encodings of such disparate artists as Tom Waits, Dead Can Dance, Elbow, A-Ha, Mike Oldfield & Joy Division. Amongst others. I'm really looking for a jack of all trades and I do recognize the problems with this. I really wanted to buy the IE8's but they're just too expensive for me to justify right now (or ever?). Hopefully the IE6's and D2 make a good combination. I'll keep you all updated as I'm aware there's not too much solid info concerning the 6's. IE 7's & 8's there's plenty of talk, but not the the cheaper model. Thanks for the advice and tips in this thread folks. I'll be back.

that my friend is one scary thing to say...(if u ve seen Terminator 2)
biggrin.gif

let us know hows IE6...not many have tried it

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #44 of 50
That sounds interesting. I have ordered them through Advanced MP3 Players. Are they a Scottish company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back