IE6 at Newegg for $130 or Phonak PFE?
May 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bleuburd

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

As a fore word, let me say I know you guys hate 'help me choose threads', but as a complete IEM noob, I need the help, and I promise not to clog the tubes with any more pointless threads. I've been trying to make a decision on IEMs for some time now. I just saw the IE6 at newegg for $130. This is swaying me. But, would the Phonak be a better choice? I'm going to most likely be listening through a d2 that I'm going to purchase in the near future. My musical preferences are mostly folk, acoustic, classical, some electronica, a little jam-ish stuff from time to time, and some 'indie', if you can even call it that anymore. If you can offer any help, then it's much appreciated. I know that there's a huge herd of PFE folks around, and I've seen one IE6 review. So, I think the possibility for comparison is out there. Anyway, thanks in advance.

~Bleuburd

May 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the IE7's and the PFE's. I can't comment about the IE6's but apparently, the IE7's are a big step up from the one review that I read where the reviewer tried both. For you're listening preferences I would suggest the PFE's. The D2 will be able to drive them very easily. If you have any issues with bass, you can turn up Mach3Bass enhancement. I use the grey filters and the mids sound great. I slightly prefer the mids on the PFE 's over the SE530's.

May 19, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Ok, well. PFEs it is then. I was hoping to get everything in one place, since newegg had the d2, the flash memory that I'm upgrading it with, and the IE6s, but you're the second person who has said that PFEs will suit me better.

Thanks for the help,
Cheers

May 19, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 4
one has to be cautious about dynamic phones' review as at times reviewers might not have enough time to give them an adequate burn in time
(don't have either so i won't comment on them, but ie7 has been great for me
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back