IE Earphone under $100
Apr 18, 2010 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

exec-

Head-Fier
Hello

I am new here and actually trying to chose an earphone for the Zune HD i just ordered. I was initially set up on the Bose in-ear but found some person on amazon saying it's pure crap. The bose on ebay costs $70 + 30 for shipping
which is actually the maximum i actually want to spend on a earphone today.

Can anyone please recommend me a very good earphone under $100 (including shipping worldwide) ?

i am looking on something that's give me the value for money,
Latest earphones i owned were some sony ericsson hpm85 or something like that.. these were great and cost me around $50 at that time(3 years ago)

Any help is greatly appreciated

^_^

UPDATE: just looking at a brand i've seen talked about - Ultimate Ears
i found the UE Super Fi 3 (for around$80) on ebay - quite nice design
and the UE Super Fi 4 - (for $60 because the box is a display model)
are these worth the money ?
i prefer the 3 in design. i hate to admit it, but i like to have an item being distinguished when i take care in selecting it and for the price :p

Apr 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They may not suit your musical tastes but certainly have a look at the Head-Direct RE0.
There is a lot of info on here about them and for their current sale price of $79 USD they seem to be a steal.

~

Apr 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 15
thnx i tried looking into it! the price is nice, but i am not US resident, so my only way of getting a pair of good earphones is via Ebay, since in my country ... only fake sony/panasonic/philips and real bose are available..

sucks.. :/
head-direct ones aren't available on ebay ..
and i'm trying to find one that i'm sure isn't counterfeit / fake
^_^
i sound complicated.. + about music tastes.. i don't anything in particular..
i listed to House, electro, acoustic, country, pop, rock..

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 15
You don't have to live in the US to buy from Head-Direct.

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 15
You can buy the RE0 from here, here and here.
However seeing you listen to House, electro, acoustic, county, pop and rock these may be bass shy for your likings. Certainly read into them and see if their sound signature is for you.

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 15
shipping costs are about the same as the item itself

i am seeing sooo many options in the $60 range

denon ac
klipsch s4
UE super fi 3 and 4
i'm new to these :/
any recommendations for a still good bass and good music

at the moment, my mood is mostly for electro

btw. thanks for the replies ^^ i'm looking into the options

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 15
Cost for the RE0 directly from Head-Direct is $89 worldwide. That said, they are not ideal for electronic music, especially for someone new to hi-fi. I would recommend taking a look at the Meelectronics M6 (meelec.com) and the ViSang R03 (ebay).

Apr 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 15
Just letting you head-fi'ers know Meelectronics is offering the M6's for $30 USD until the 19th of April.
Just use the SPECIAL_SAVINGS coupon code to receive the discount.
Buying directly from Meelec ensures you get the newest version with the stainless steel memory wire and the international shipping prices is more than reasonable.
Link MEElectronics M6 Stylish Sound-Isolating In-Ear Premium Headphones

Apr 18, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 15
the Meelec are very affordable, my country isnt listed in the country list when choosing a shipping option, but i will contact them if i ever decide for these! great addition to the list ^^

just realised how hard it is to choose an earphone
frown.gif
previously i just picked the most beautiful one :p never thought sound could be soooo different ^^

thanks for the suggestion.. taken into account.. hmmm but job getting harder and harder...
best value for money among the list ? :p

is the m11 better than the m6? both are in my price range..

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #10 of 15
getting a good deal from a seller for the UE
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4 $60
Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 2 $40
the M6 or M11 would have cost around same price as Super Fi. 4
can anyone help me fix my mind on 1 pleaseeeeeeeeeee ^_^ or another piece? :/

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #11 of 15
In terms of sound M6 > MetroFi > M11. The M11 is incredibly user-friendly though while the MetroFi is just impossibly mediocre in every way. Also the M6 signature just works wonders with trance and electronica for some reason, at least to my ears. No idea where the SF4 ranks.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #13 of 15
You better hurry if you plan on using that coupon to get the 51% of the Silver M9's.
Quote:

You want a weekend sale? How about 2! M9 in silver is 51% off through Monday April 19th with coupon code M9_SL_51_OFF. The M2P is 60% off through Monday April 19th with coupon code M2P_60_OFF. Get them now at www.meelec.com!

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #14 of 15
If you want absolute clarity across the range then RE0 are best IEMs available in this price and they compete with twice higher price range IEMs. But if bass is most important with good clarity then Hippo VB(available at Jaben), Turbine(punchy bass and great for eclectro), Klipsch image S4 and ATH-CKS70(deep punchy bass with huge soundstage) are better sounding IEMs.

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #15 of 15
The Monster Turbine's sound good. I just bought my friend a pair from centraldigital.com for $99 shipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back