IE backdoor trojan removal
Jul 14, 2004 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

wallijonn

Throwin' tantra.
from the link:

Quote:

When a user visits a Web site hosted on a server that is infected with Download.Ject, the Web pages download a Trojan horse to the user's computer. This Trojan horse is named Backdoor:W32/Berbew, also known as Backdoor-AXJ, Webber, or Padodor. When this Trojan horse runs on the user's computer, it may perform several actions, including monitoring Internet access to capture sensitive information such as logon names and passwords, or opening fake dialog boxes that prompt the user to enter confidential information such as ATM card codes, credit card numbers, or other confidential information.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/in...load_ject.mspx

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 22
Stinger virus removal tool from McAfee is good for Trojans.

Jul 14, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 22
Wallijonn:

Thank you very, very much for telling us about this important MS security download (117 KB in only 18 seconds)! It was fast and easy!

I don't know much about PCs and internet security. So I do welcome and appreciate your help!

Good luck to you!

k1000smile.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 22
Did anyone else find the title of this thread vaguely homoerotic?

Jul 14, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
That's why I never use IE anymore.

IE is part of windows, part of My Computer, My documents, it IS the window brower, you can't avoid it.

Just update windows regularly and use a decent firewall and Antivirus. Otherwise you are just asking for trouble.

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 22
I doubt that many people are as paranoid as I am when it comes to security: if I log off an internet account, I turn off my DSL or Cable Modem before logging into my admin account.

I also have separate restricted accounts for email and internet browsing.

The worse thing you can use, or have, on your computer is MS Wallet.

I have a separate credit card just for internet purchases.

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson

LOL! I wasn't gonna say anything, but yes.

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson

NO, but now that you mention it ................
icon10.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopher
LOL! I wasn't gonna say anything, but yes.

Same here
eek.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #13 of 22
Use Mozilla Firefox and all your problems will dissapear
icon10.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #14 of 22
Thaddy,

You can't. You need IE updated just so you can use it to download other security updates and patches. You can't use FF to update your system, you have to manually go in and select them yourself and install them yourself. That would be okay, but the scan of your system entails more than just IE - it entails drivers, apps., patches, enhancements, etc.

Jul 15, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #15 of 22
I am offering you a bit of advice: do not use Microsoft Windows Update to patch your computer. I have tried it twice on all five of my computers at home with the same consistent result: BSOD and re-boots. I am at a loss to explain why this was the case for all of my five computers. I highly suggest that you run Internet Explorer and go to http://www.microsoft.com and click on the Critical Updates link. Find all applicable patches, download them, and install them one at a time. Then, reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back