IE 80 successor
Oct 9, 2018 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

prfraczek

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I am looking for choice.
I use IE 80 with my smartphone (currently OnePlus 6) this is probably last phone with 3.5 mm headphone jack.
Can you guys recommend what to do?
I was thinking about:
1. Buying Fiio BTR3 for existing headphones but I've cable with remote- and I believe it will stop working plus I am not convinced I want walk with additional box- feeling messy with cables

2. Buying Fiio RC-BT, cutting MMCX connectors and soldering Sennheiser. It can work but I believe IE80 will drop drastically quality comparing to wire.

3. Find USB-C to 3.5, cut socket and headphones jack and solder together. It could work but I need USB-C to 3.5 with Hi-End DAC. Can you recommend something? also this is 'just' for android solution but I am not convinced that I will not jump to iPhone at some point.

4. Sell IE 80 and buy truly wireless earbuds- I was thinking about rha trueconnect. Do you recon the sound quality can be somehow comparable? Can you recommend any good? or the best?

I love IE 80 for sound quality. New oneplus 6t is coming in few weeks but I can't decide... any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I've just tried Fiio BTR3 and. To messy. Phone volume control, then Fiio volume control, remote not working, phones EQ not working :frowning2: sent it back. Also while watching film with mx player i noticed additional echo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back