Ie 80 iem using Sony f805 Walkman thoughts
Jul 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

monoboy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently purchased the Sony nwz f805 Walkman player after reading very positive reviews and comments. Until then I was using my iPhone 4S as a primary music player coupled with my awesome sennheiser ie80 iem.

Even through iPhone I think the ie80's sound great (no eq used just standard stock player), however, I'm just not feeling the sound coming from the Sony, the stereo field is not as wide on the sony, despite using different eq settings on the stock MP3 player, it somehow sounds colder. And I can hear more clarity on the iPhone.

You can achieve really upfront eq on the sony but at a trade off from the bass, instrument separation and stereo widening( using too much eq degrades the sound, not warm), just cant seem to get any eq settings right to my ears on the f805. I keep switching back to the iPhone for a/b purposes and find myself preferring the warmer sound from iPhone 4S.

I am frustrated because I really want to keep the Sony f805, it looks awesome and really hope anyone here can provide some tips on how to get-what you think- a better sound from it, then on iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back